Nightmare: Chapter 5

(ATTENTION:  This book is now available at many online bookstores.  Check it out at Amazon.com.

http://www.amazon.com/Own-Worst-Nightmare-Heather-McGhee/dp/0983893403/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1315515302&sr=8-1

And on Facebook:     http://www.facebook.com/pages/My-Own-Worst-Nightmare/135772666518953?ref=ts&sk=wall

You will only get to enjoy 5 unedited chapters here on Wattpad.  Contact me through Wattpad if you have any questions.)

Chapter 5

Lily took her stance at the tee. After four holes, Bryce was still fascinated by her approach and swing. Her grip was relaxed, her hips wriggling seductively as she sighted her drive, her body flowing into the arc with a smooth grace that belied her small frame. Seeing her drive, he could finally understand her view on golf and great sex.

And it was only clarified from watching the other two pairs. This game was like an aphrodisiac to them. Her parents cuddled in the golf cart when they thought no one was looking. And her sister and husband were like horny teenagers on prom night. When Marissa hit a line drive on the second hole that landed her ball feet from the green, her husband, BoBo, a tall lanky man with a rather large nose, kissed her with such appreciation and passion, Bryce blushed and turned away. Lily grinned at him and shook her head.

The whole family played well, but still, he and Lily maintained a considerable lead. He took the first two holes, but Lily's strength was on the green. She had incredible depth perception that kissed her balls into the hole with a quick plink each time. After commanding the third hole, she was ahead on this one before he even set club to ball.

Bryce's turn finished the tee off and the group set off down the fairway. Their companions traveled in the cart, but Lily preferred to walk. He joined her to this point, but she was wearing him out. His clothes were drenched from the summer humidity, and he considered riding in the cart. However, every time he saw Lily march off down the fairway with her battered, pink bag over her shoulders, he couldn't bring himself to enjoy that tiny luxury, or the couples' open affection in the cart.

"Where did you learn to play?" he asked her as they followed the others.

"In high school. I had a gift," she replied offhandedly. Did this woman ever brag about herself? She was an anomaly. He couldn't get over her lack of nonchalance. Women liked to tell all about themselves, right?

The cart stopped, and her father added, "Lily was All State her junior and senior year in high school. She had a full scholarship to Fayetteville, but gave it all up."

"K State had a better design school," she declared with a little impatience. They apparently had this conversation before.

"But she could have gone pro," Nomi said, and her sister emphasized in her silky voice, "Yet, she chose to follow her dream and be happy. Such a shame, Mom."

Henry snorted, "If you can call wallowing in mud and sawdust being happy."

"I am happy," Lily claimed petulantly. No one believed her, not even Bryce, but he wisely kept his comments to himself. He was a guest, after all.

And sooner or later, he would have to get to the point for this visit. Somehow, he didn't feel good about that.

After the round closed and the scorecard was totaled, Bryce finally didn't have the energy to walk back to the house. He took Marissa's spot in the cart, and Lily walked slowly back with her sister. The one time he glanced back at them, they were in deep conversation, arm and arm. Tall and willowy floating along the ground with the short and muscular. Odd combination of sisters, he thought.