Chapter One

Thunder roared through the  darkened sky. “Say that again, I couldn't hear you.”

“Agent thirteen report back to the base. Now!” the voice bellowed through the black speaker attached to his jeep.

“What? Back to base? I just left left the base.” agent thirteen responded back with one hand holding the talk button and the other one on the steering wheel.

“Agent thirteen......NOW!” the sound of authority blowing the speakers and almost his eardrum.

He pushed the talk button. “Ill be there soon.” He knew only two reasons why they would call him back and that was if a experiment showed results or one escaped.

He returned both hands onto the steering wheel and made a sharp U-turn. The mud splashed and flew everywhere covering the 24 inch wheels with dirt.

The sky was dark until the lightning stuck causing a quick blaze of light. The quick flashes of light were the only way agent 13 could find his way as he raced back to base.

“This is beyond anything we could have hoped for!” the doctor exclaimed

“No this is just the beginning of our hopes. Experiment 13 is the key to everything.” the director said.

The doctor's face turned sturdy. “Sir I will try my best to get results without that operation but if I fail and won't preform it what will happen?” The doctor asked. The hands in his pocket were balled into fist anticipating the directors answer.

“Then you will be dismissed, of course.” the director answered. “Has agent thirteen arrived yet?” He said relaxing the doctor with a small, quick smile. 

“I’m here!” Agent thirteen announced as he entered the viewing room. He immediately looked into the room below. The room was large and brightly lit with what looked like destroyed mechanical wolves on the floor. But that wasn't what he was looking at. His full attention was on the infant sitting in the middle of the room. The director suddenly lifted his hand as a signal to the man at the control panel. He pushed some button and a giant metal bear appeared in the room with the infant. The bear looked vicious as it scanned the room for it's prey. It found the baby and slowly started toward it.

Agent 13 instantly crashed into the glass yelling for someone to help the child. “You gotta stop the bear it'll kill the kid.”

The director just laughed. “I'm sure it will kill it.” the director had not one shed of sympathy in his expression. He was always like this with everything he did. 

The bear advanced on to the baby menacingly. Agent thirteen yelled for someone to help as he turned to the director but they were of no help. When he turned his head to see the baby, it was gone but in it's place was a bear twice the size of the first. It started destroying the metal bear as if it was a toy.

Agent thirteen, with a confused mind set and an expression to match, turned back to the director. “What happened to the baby?”

“It's right there.” he said while pointing back into the area. Agent thirteen turned his head and in the same spot the bear had been was the baby, it was laughing and clapping it's hands as if it had just finished playing. He couldn't stop looking at the infant. The director placed his hand firmly onto agent thirteen's shoulder. “When I said it would kill it, I meant experiment thirteen as that 'it'”

“Amazined?” the doctor asked.

Agent thirteen just shook his head. “I don't know what to think.” his eyes wide, taking in the child as it stared back up at him.

“Good because this is the thing your gonna be in charge of.” the director said.

“This baby?” Agent thirteen asked.