Isabelle Olympus part 22

Hey guys! I know it's been a little while but here's the next chapter and hopefully it's a bit longer than normal.

It has been one and a half months since the fight started in Olympus and Dionysus has still not returned back to camp. Alex was lounging on my bed watching me pace the room as I ranted about how Dionysus was shirking his responsibilities and abandoning me here on my own. It wasn’t like I couldn’t handle the camp, because after I talked to Annabeth and Clarisse no one had given me any problems, but I still wanted Dionysus here.

“Where is he?” I demanded for what felt like the hundredth time. Alex had listened to me complain about Dionysus for the last half an hour but he hadn’t complained once. I don’t know whether it was because he was being understanding and supportive or if he was just scared that if he said anything I would bite his head off. The whole camp has noticed that I’m not in a great mood so they’ve all been going out of their way to avoid me. “Why isn’t he back yet?” I asked my hands on my hips glaring down at Alex. It took him a little while to figure out that I actually wanted an answer and it wasn’t just a rhetorical question. When he realised that I was waiting for him to reply his eyes widened from panic.

“M-m-maybe he’s busy?” Alex stuttered, hoping that he hadn’t angered me more. I felt a surge of guilt on hearing him stutter, I didn’t want him to be nervous, I didn’t want to be angry. I let out a huge sigh of frustration before falling down on the bed beside Alex. It wasn’t fair that I was taking my anger out on Alex and the campers, it should be Dionysus who was stuttering under my glare.

“I’m sorry, I’ve been horrible to be around all morning. I don’t know why you didn’t leave after listening to me rant for five minutes.” I apologised, turning my head to look him in the eyes.

“You’re not that bad. You’re just stressed . . . and pissed off.” He smirked whilst putting a hand around my waist pulling me closer to him.

“Yeah, again sorry. I should be taking this out on Dionysus and believe me when I find him I will.” I promised, my eyes narrowing slightly.

“I’d hate to be him right now.” Alex chuckled.

“Oh you’d hate to be him now? Just wait until I get my hands on him.” I threatened. He had left me to deal with the camp by myself for an entire month and a half! He was not going to get off lightly. I was slightly surprised that Zeus hadn’t ordered him back to camp yet, as he was meant to be here as a punishment, but I guess that he kind of had other things on his mind right now. I also knew that the other gods were covering for him, always saying that I’d just missed him on my brief trips to Olympus. I could never stay there long as I couldn’t leave camp unsupervised for more than a few minutes at a time. I think that the other gods were covering for him as they knew how angry I was and they pitied Dionysus. Also I don’t think they wanted another argument happening in Olympus, relations were only just holding together as it was.

“He’s probably scared to come back here, as he knows that you’re on the war path.” Alex suggested.

“He should be scared.” I agreed. I just needed to find him first, the coward was probably hiding in Olympus knowing full well that I couldn’t leave camp unattended for long to go and search for him. I couldn’t leave the cabin leaders in charge for too long, otherwise I would come back to find chaos. Then an idea struck me. “Alex?” I asked sweetly, batting my eyelashes trying to look as innocent as I could.