Chapter 37-Edited

Chapter 37

Ryder's POV

I watch in fear as my uncle holds a silver dagger to my mates chest. I have never felt this scared before. Nothing could compare to the pain that I'm feeling right now, knowing that I can't do anything to help her. The last time I felt this helpless was when I saw my mom die.

I clench my fist up and glare at my uncle. I can't wait to get my hands on him. He'll pay for what he's done.

My eyes lock onto Elizabeth's and I can see the fear lurking in her eyes. I try to mindlink one of my warriors who's out of Patrick's sights, but my connection with my pack is gone. I can't mindlink anyone.

What's going on?

"I'm sure all of you are wondering what's going on. Most of you thought I was dead, but I'm obviously not dead. This all started wh-"

"Patrick, no one wants to hear how crazy you are. Do us all a favor and just drop this. You can get whatever revenge you're seeking some other time," Zack says with an annoyed look on his face. My uncle growls before tightening his grip on Elizabeth which causes her to wince. I snap my eyes over to Zack's and give him a glare that tells him to stay quiet.

"This all started when I was a young pup. My father was the alpha of the Blood Falls pack, and I wanted to follow in his footsteps. I spent hours training with him every day and asking him questions. He was my hero and I wanted to be just like him. However, I wasn't the oldest son. I thought that if I proved to my father that I would make an amazing alpha, he would hand me the position instead of my brother, Max. I was wrong," he spits out bitterly. A scowl forms on his face as he relieves his past.

"Please tell us what happened next! I am so very interested in hearing your life story!" Zack exclaims with fake enthusiasm. Patrick growls at him and he puts the silver dagger closer to Elizabeth's heart. My breath hitches in my throat and my body tenses.

"If you disrupt me again, I'm killing her, got it?" Zack nods his head and quickly shuts up.

"Anyways, where was I? Oh right, I was talking about my dear older brother. My brother never wanted to be Alpha. In fact, he did everything he could to try and make sure that he didn't become Alpha. He would go out and party with his friends and come home late. He would never show up to his training sessions with my dad, he would go around sleeping with any girl he wanted to, even if they weren't willing, and he was so disrespectful to everyone in the pack. I was everything that he wasn't, and yet I still didn't get the Alpha title." His eyes darken considerably before he tries to shrug nonchalantly.

"After a few years, I got over it. I was content with living in my brother's shadows and just going on with my life. I had good friends, I was doing well in school, and I made my parents proud. Everything changed though on that one day." Can he be any more dramatic? If he wasn't holding a silver dagger to my mates heart right now, I would snap his neck to be done with this torture. I'm tired of hearing about his sad life. Unfortunately, he continues with his story.

"I was 16 at the time, and things were so simple. My brother was 19 at this point, so he wasn't going to school with me anymore, thankfully. I didn't have to see him all day and have him and his friends harass me. Things were starting to look up for me. I met this great girl in my AP English class, and we really hit it off. She was perfect to me, everything I had ever wanted, and more. I would have done anything for her. I knew that she wasn't my mate, but that didn't matter to me." Seriously? That's what this story is about? It's just a typical story about how two guys are fighting over a girl and then they hate each other forever.

"One day, I invited her to my house. I wanted her to meet my parents. I figured that it wouldn't be a problem since my brother was barely home. When he found out that I was having someone over, he flipped out. I was confused about why he was acting so strangely until I came home later that day with her. As soon as we walked through the door, my brother was standing there with his arms crossed over his chest. I saw his eyes dilate and Mary's eyes widen before they both said mate at the same time." I tense up again when I hear that. That means the girl that he was so into was my mom. Does this mean that he got jealous and decided to kill my mom? The typical 'if I can't have you, no one can' syndrome? My heart starts to pound against my rib-cage.