Chapter 3

Chapter 3

Megan was spinning.

She was spinning and tumbling and travelling through a void. Just as she began trying to describe what she was experiencing, it all stopped.

Megan counted to ten slowly, before opening her eyes reluctantly. She winced, ready for a headache of some sort to take over, but it never came.

She waited for her eyes to come into focus, before taking a look at her surroundings. The first thing that registered in her fuzzy brain was that she was in a bedroom of some sort. The next thing that came to her notice was that she wasn’t sanding, but lying down on a soft surface.

She decided to get up. Hitching up her elbows and pushing herself upwards, she let out a low groan. Even though her head felt fine, the rest of her body was aching.

A bed. She realized that she was lying on a white bed. The covers lay under her, and they felt so soft and welcoming that for a moment, Megan was tempted to lie down and return to her resting state.

But Megan decided against it. Her previous encounter with “Anthony” was still lodged in her brain and she needed to find out more about it. She sat up with renewed determination, climbing off and the bed and looking around the room again. The walls and floor of the room were pure white.

Megan lowered her eyes, taking in her own appearance. She was dressed in soft white jeans and a blue t-shirt which definitely belonged to a male. Panic rose in her chest, but she pushed it down defiantly. Now wasn’t the time to cower in fear. Her hand shot up, fingering the pair of spectacles that were now perched on her nose. Megan almost smiled; it had been a long time since she had worn spectacles. The moment she and Holly began fifth grade, she had let her sister persuade her into using contact lenses. Something about having a ‘cool’ look.

The memory of her sister caused a dull thud in her heart. She had to get out of here.

Taking a deep breath, Megan made her way to a closed door in the corner. Years of watching detective shows made her press her ear to the door and listen for any sounds. All she heard was silence. Slowly, she twisted the door knob and pushed open the door.

She was now in a hallway which – like the room she was in – was completely white. After a quick decision, she followed the hallway to her left. Walking slowly on the white carpeted floor, her heart quickened its pace as she found another door to her right.

Without an ounce of hesitation, she opened it.

Her breath caught in her throat. This room was a bedroom much like the previous room. The only major difference was that the floor, ceiling and walls of this room were covered in paintings. There were pictures of Greek warriors fighting a battle; there was a beautifully painted picture of the deserts and pyramids of Egypt. Another wall was covered with a painting of a rainforest, complete with storm clouds and a river.

A bed stood in the middle of the room; its covers were white but with a golden lining. The bed itself looked slept in, causing Megan to turn around instantly. So she wasn’t the only one in this place...

Walking out of the room, she closed the door softly behind her and continued walking to her left. For what felt like twenty minutes, she followed the never-ending white corridor, without a soul in sight.

Finally, she walked up to a huge frame on the white wall. One corner of the canvas was covered with a picture of a very familiar Archangel of Death.

Anthony.

It took her a couple of seconds to get her eyes to focus on the words. After registering that the words were in English, she began to read.

‘Anthony Crown (1964 -      ) was born to the wealthiest family of France: the Crowns. In 1980, he received The Calling, which lead him to take up his destiny as the Archangel of Death.

‘As history goes, Crown was the most ferocious, merciless and cold Archangel the Kingdom has ever seen. His less than friendly nature made him the most despised among all the Archangels, leading to his banishment from the Kingdom.

‘After his banishment, Crown moved to London and built a home and alias for himself, hiding himself from the Kingdom and exposing himself to mankind. In this way, his grip over humans was strengthened, and his ignorance to the ways of the Kingdom grew.

‘In the last few years, Crown has established his identity in the Kingdom – and with the people who know him – as a very cruel, very confident and very powerful Archangel. He is known for his controlling and manipulative ways, his motto being “Everything is Planned”.

‘Crown’s rule, in brief, is nothing short of dark. He is rumoured of using his Powers to torture, punish and kill his enemies and anyone who has crossed his path. Fear of Crown might probably die down only when the Archangel passes away himself. But will his successor be anything less? Will the citizens ever rest in peace?

‘Is it possible: like father, like son?’

Megan mouthed out the last words softly. Her eyes were wide and her heart was having a frenzied panic attack in her chest.

Anthony Crown was the definition of evil.

Slowly, she turned around and looked at the corridor along which she had been travelling. Was this it? Was she really a hostage of Anthony Crown – the most evil man she had ever read about? Was she really going to die by the end of this day, without being allowed to spend her last moments with her family and Nesta?

Her head began to spin. This couldn’t be happening... all those years of studying and swimming; she had to get an opportunity to go to university. It was her dream. She hadn’t strived to get perfect grades for nothing! Wasn’t this what life was about? Didn’t she fit the description as a perfect student?

So why wasn’t she given the chance to live her dream?

Megan sank to the floor, crossing her legs under her and staring at the white carpet.

Don’t panic, she instructed herself, Don’t panic, don’t panic, don’t panic!

But her body seemed to have a mind of its own. Slowly, she began to lose concentration until, for the second time that day, everything went black.

_______________________________________

A/N: Any comments? :) tell me what you think!

xoxo

Harpy

Story of the day: Cupid Hates Me

Summary: Sixteen-year-old Rebecca Smith falls for an online friend. There's just one problem: He's four years older than her and probably sees her as just a friend.

"You know what? I blame Cupid. Why did that diapered little man have to come along now and hit me with that stupid arrow? He could've hit me at least five years later or something! Or he could've hit Jake as well. That way, things might've been less complicated. Gah. How typical of me. I'm blaming my problems on an imaginary character."

My Personal Comments: One of the cutest stories EVER! Dedicated to LadyLuck123...again. Thankfully wattpad let me do that :D Awesome story, you should totally read it..