Chapter Twenty

Kimberly’s POV

“Seoyoung!” I dash towards her. They’re coming for her she needs to get up now!

“Seoyoung!” I holler.

Finally she looks up at me dropping the golf ball. They tower over her small body. The enemies stare her down. She is a baby dear and they are centuries old capable hunters. It’s too late now. She is trapped.  Two men encircle her. One of is in front of her and the other is behind.

In fear I cry “Seoyoung watch out!” as I cower behind the elevated trees full of wisdom, watching them in the distance. I lean on them, letting their wisdom brush on me. The two figures that appear to men are mere teenage boy who cover their white skin with black masks.’’

“That’s what you get.” One of them smashes her head in with his steal boots. Blood splatters on one of the trees as the skin on her forehead rips, leaving a scar that will last forever. The precious red liquid life spills tarnishing her white polo shirt. In pain she groans on the mulch. The second laughs at her misfortune right before he spits on her.

This is what she gets for loving me.

“Let’s find the next one and teach her a lesson!” The one who is the leader jeers. I have to get away or else the same thing will happen to me. But I can’t leave Seoyoung here all by herself. I watch her swallow in her own blood and I hear the disturbing sound of her groaning in pain.

I have to get away for us.

“There is no room for people like them.” The accomplice adds. I move in the opposite direction of the boys, running towards where I think is a safe haven. Before I leave her sight completely I turn to look at her closing eyes.

“Seoyoung I’m so sorry.” I whisper.

Why did this have to happen? Today of all days. Today was supposed to be happy.

 Today was supposed to be the day that she showed her skills in the course.

The day we celebrate our two year anniversary.

Today should not have been our last day together.

There is no room for people like them. There is no room for people like them. There is no room for people like them. As I run away these words replay again and again and again in my throbbing head.

I can’t be one of those people.

I just can’t.

A pair of hands gently shake me. My life box rattles and my feet propel my body up in fear. “Hey Kimberly, it’s just me you can relax now.” Becky whispers softly in my ears coaxingly. The sound of her soothing voice rescues me from that bad dream. Lazily I turn to side and I pull the duvet over my head. Honestly I don’t want to be bothered right now. I’m tired.

Lately I’ve been on the edge. Everything is making me jump. Even at home I don’t have any refuge. Every second I’m in that house my mother is making it a point to keep on telling me why she dislikes white and gay people. I can’t take it anymore! Soon I’m going to flip out.

Then I’m constantly wondering if Donte, that traitor, has told my mother yet.  I know he is going to strike when I least expect it. I still can’t believe that he and I are no longer friends. We spent so much time together and shared so much secrets. How could he throw away our friendship like that?

I’m also caught up in this brewing scandal at work, which I’m trying to get out of. I still trying to figure out why in the world has Donte partnered up with that other guy to steal money from the company. He’s being paid way more than Becky who makes a killing for her job description.