Chapter 14 - Stolen Stuff and Snarky Siblings

Chapter 14 – Stolen Stuff and Snarky Siblings (not proofread)

                Kenzi and Lee, due to walking in on Hunter and I doing something that shouldn’t be viewed by anybody else, had decided to rent out another room for our final night in Florence.

                “I don’t see what all the fuss was about,” I sniffed and Hunter chuckled, leaning back on the sofa with a cocky smile.

                “Well, I did have you ben-“ I cut him off before he could get any further by holding my hand up with a grin.

                “I know full well what you had because I was there, remember?” Another fox grin spread across his face.

                “Oh, I definitely remember you being there,” he drawled. I chuckled, getting to my feet and stretching before checking the mini fridge. We’d all gone out for the night before and after getting kicked out of yet another nightclub and wandering around lost for a few hours, we decided that the evening should probably be spent inside and away from trouble. I had no problem with that, I could use some time with Hunter, anyway.

                “Fancy a game of spin the bottle?” Hunter asked, picking up a used sprite bottle. I frowned, gesturing between us.

                “There are two of us, that defeats the point of the game,” I said flatly, sitting on the arm of the chair. Hunter grinned, grabbing my ankles and pulling me down beside him.

                “That makes the game more fun,” he chided but I shook my head, wiggling away from him. He hooked his fingers into my belt loops to prevent me from going any further.

                “No, I don’t want to make out with you for a minute or give you a lap dance or have you hug me,” I hissed and he laughed, bringing me closer to him until I was settled on his lap. He looked down at our joined bodies and when I followed his gaze, he kissed the tip of my nose.

                “Now get your head out of your ass and play a game with me,” he replied and I scrunched my nose up, pushing against his chest. He let me go that time and watched me with interest as I sat down on the floor and put the bottle in front of me.

                “We’re playing dares,” I stated and he rolled his eyes, sliding down onto the floor.

                “I’m not a five year old girl at a sleepover,” he whined and I raised both of my eyebrows, lobbing the sprite bottle at him.

                “Would you stop complaining? This is bloody makeshift so take the bottle and spin,” I instructed. He looked at me for a moment and then blew through his lips, shaking his head.

                “God, you’re scary when you PMS,” he muttered, which earned him the pillow from behind me in his face. He caught it without looking up, frowning at the floor.