Whats lock down?Patrick had a room in the basement.It was cold and small and all it had in it was a metal bed,a metal desk,and a toilet in the corner.That room is where Patrick sent me to practice what ever I was doing bad in.Creepy sounding?Try being locked in there because you can't find the conspiring wires that both a 45761 SS security system and a 45762 SS security system have in common.Yeah THAT's creepy.

The unfair thing is that I was the only one who got locked in there!And it's not because everybody else was a whiz in their areas.No it was because they all only had to concentrate on their one specialty.Not one of them had to point their toes and practice pirouettes.Aiden and Noah didn't have to spend hours studying the periodic table of elements.Isabella doesn't know how to do a double back in tuck position.Fae cann't name every security company making a profit above 750 K in the united states.And Fain defiantly doesn't have to soak in ice every night and walk with a limp the next day because of a long day in the gym.

No.I was the only one who had to go through ALL of that because I was the only one with a crazy,mulity tasking,masterminding,torture expert as a teacher.Mia wasn't obsessed with making mini her's.Neither was Mason or Hansel.No one else was ever forced to go in the lock down room unless they did some thing really bad.Like went to close to the edge during a job.

Anyway,back to why I left.

Noah and me had a complicated relationship.We both had anger issues and were too competitive for our own good.Everything was a competition for us.Who ever hit the hardest was the winner.Then one night we got back from another job spoiled by Allen Fabiani and had fallen on the couch of the dark living room together.No one else was around and we were to tired to turn on the lights.And of course like always we were insulting each other.

"You're back spring was sloppy.The vent almost caught your pant leg."Noah said to me talking about the job.

"First of all,it was NOT sloppy,your shooting on the sixth floor was sloppy-you almost hit me!Second,some guy had just stepped on my hand-very nearly breaking it-so I think I get a little leg room in the perfect back spring department.And third,you couldn't  do a better one if your life depended on it."

"I think I could.You're just jealous that I got a compliment from Pat."

"Oh really,a compliment?He said good job.It was directed at all of us.How is that him complimenting you?"I smirked.

"He was looking at me when he said that."

"Maybe he was looking at you becasue of the blood on your clothes.Sloppy,much?"

"At lest he didn't have to tell me to stop looking at some guy."Noah said.

"At lest that guy had something to look at."I gave him a pointed look.

"Alright you two"Patrick said coming."Lets calm down.Noah's right though Doe,that was a messy back spring."Noah started laughing."And Noah,Doe's right that was bad shooting on the sixth floor."That got him to quiet down real quick.

"What's up?"I asked.

"You got a letter."He handed me it.

There was no return address and it looked pretty beat up.But on the seal was a thing that stopped my breathing.I may not like my mom but she was still the only one I would ever get.So awhile ago I had hired some one to watch my mom and keep her out of trouble.If there was any thing to report he would send a letter to some people and they would check it for any trackers.Then they would send it to a old friend of mine,who knowing it was clean would stamp a small red bird on the seal.then finally it would get to me.The whole process was quicker then you'd think and the letter couldn't be more then a week old.

I got up and turned away from Patrick and Noah.Suddenly all joking was gone from me.I gave them a  serious "Thank you Patrick."I then walked out stiffly.

"Is she okay?"I heard Noah say.

"I don't know.It..."Patrick's  answer trailed off as I walked into the bathroom,locking the door.

The last time I had gotten a letter was to tell me that my mom was in a car crash and had to be put in intensive care.She eventually got better and was let out but I was scared to death that this time,with this letter,something had happened to take her away.Like I said,when my mom left me I lost all feelings for her.But when Patrick took me in I started to feel bad for her.So even if I don't like her I will feel terrible if she died.

Slowly I opened the envelope and pulled out the carefully pressed paper.It said,

  Miss Doreen,

  On Friday 3 Taylor Walt Duckworth was walking home from Top Point Spin,a local dance club,when a man jumped from the aly and dragged her in.When I got there Ms Duckworth was on the ground with the man above her holding a knife.When I came in he pulled her up and threatened her life.When I tried to stop him he stabbed her stomach and ran.I manage to stop and contain him til the cops and ambulance came.At the hospital I discovered that while Ms Duckworth was not injured extremely but did decide against therapy.While at the hospital I also discovered that  Ms Duckworth was three months pregnant.The child was not damaged but while Ms Duckworth did not know she was pregnant she drank alcohol.They can not yet tell if it will have any lasting damage.

 -Tim Hoffman

Two things ran thorough my head at that moment.

First,my mom had been stabbed.

And second,my mom was pregnant.