Chapter 11

The principal called my father a few days ago. I had missed almost two months of class and if I missed anymore I wouldn't graduate. At least thats what he said.  My father was furious. If there was one thing he ever  payed attention to, it was my grades. My car was confiscated.  I had to walk the two miles to school.  I could have taken the bus, but then again why would I want to be in a small confined space with the very people who caused my misery? Exactly.  I wouldnt. Nevermind the fact that every time I moved my head started spinning and I needed help just to stay on my feet. Anyway thats how I found myself walking down the long stretch of road. I left an hour early just to make it on time, although I didn't care if I was late. I ditched my bag a few yards back, it was getting too heavy. I finally made it to school.  I was about half an hour early, but that was okay with me. I needed to catch up on my work anyway. I walked to the library and sat at a desk in the far corner. I grabbed  Pride and Prejudice from one of the shelves.  It was one of my favorite books and we were reading it for English. I was just getting to the part where Mr. Darcy proposed to Elizabeth for the first time. It was one of my favorite parts of the book, but it was ruined when I heard him come in.  The doors slammed open and there he was. Ethan Slade in all his glory surrounded of course by five beautiful cheerleaders and three buff football players. God this was so cliche'. He walked right up to me, grabbed my book, and threw it at me. It missed my face by a few centimeters, which was lucky for me because I grabbed a hard cover copy. I stared down at the table, trying to ignore the angry boy standing in front of me.

"Well, well, well. What do we have here? Its the school slut"  He smiled down at me.

This wasnt a regular smile, no, he was mocking me. He was smiling but his eyes were full of anger. Now normally, I'd be cowering in fear. And trust me, thats what I felt like doing right now. All I wanted to do was go home and hide under my blanket. The only thing keeping me sane right now was the fact that it was all gonna end soon. I didn't know when and I didn't know how, I just knew it would. Still, I kept my eyes on the floor. I was caged in, a wall was to my right and a bunch of idiots to my left. I stood up, leaving my things where they were. I wanted to leave, but it seemed like I had to get passed him first. I kept my eyes on my feet as I brushed against his side. I shuddered, I felt disgusted. I hated his touch and I hated him. I would still be the same happy go lucky girl if it wasn't for him. Actually, no, I would still be happy if it weren't for everybody in this fucken town. I walked quickly, ignoring the leers and jeers of all his friends. I walked down the hallway, ignoring the taunts and the little shoves thrown my way. I walked out the doors, not caring if school wasn't over yet. I passed my breaking point. Seeing his face again, it brought back memories. I was officially going insane. I walked home and went straight up to my room. I ignored Miles and Cookie. They understood why I wasn't there anyway. Sometimes I think they know more than they let on. I took a shower and scrubbed every inch of my skin.  I tried to scrub away his touch and the memories. I tried to make myself forget.  I was unsuccessful of course. I don't know if I'll ever forget. I stepped out of the shower and dried myself off. I threw on a baggy shirt and some baggy jeans and sat at my window. My gaze was immediately drawn to the forest.  It looked dangerous but beautiful.  It called to me. I wanted to explore the beauty and the danger. I sat there at my window for a few minutes, trying to work up the courage to go in. Like I said I was a coward. I didn't have the courage to do much anymore. I was thinking about all the wild creatures lurking in the forest, scaring the vrap out of myself at the same time. About half an hour later, I finally stood. I walked downstairs, threw on my hoody and walked to the edge of the forest. There was a part of me, a small miniscule part, that told me to stay out. But  another part, the bigger part, wanted me to go in. It pshed me to go in. I slowly walked into the trees and followed a barely there trail. I didnt know where I was going, I was just stuck in the wonder of it all. Rays of light shone through the trees, the ground was covered in orange and yellow leaves signaling the start of Autumn.  The light breeze stirred my hair and cooled my skin. It was magical. I continued walking until the trail ended. It stopped in a meadow. The meadow itself was breathtaking.  Wild flowers grew everywhere, they were all sorts of colors; red, pink, purple, white, yellow, and blue. Right there, sitting in the back of the meadow, was a waterfall. It was gorgeous and small, maybe about 23 feet tall. The water fell into a small pond. There were flowers in the pond too; tiger lilies, lotus flowers and other flowers I couldn't name floated on the surface. The scene was serene, peaceful. I was finally at peace with myself.  There was no inner turmoil, no self hate, and most importantly, no bad memories. For the first time in months, I smiled.