The Royal Thrive - Chapter 41 - Conflict

Two more chapters till the end of this story! 

I'm sorry for the huge lack of updates! I've been so busy! Yet please understand, I am always thinking about my works. So I won't leave what I haven't finished. 

Enjoy this chapter! It's a lot of drama! 

P.S. I haven't spell checked this or anything so .... I will eventually XD 

P.P.S. I looked back, Queen Elise's previous name was Zoe oops, let's keep it at Elise. I like that name better XD Sorry... I couldn't remember it before! That's what happens when you grow old... 

....

“You’re the girl, who caused a scene in the party for slapping Nathan. I never thought you’d grow into such a fine lady and becoming Noah’s mate.” Chuckling to himself, myself and Nathan found no humour to it, just staggered the fact he is laughing at what he finds amusing when the future of the werewolf society is on the bleak of destruction. “What the hell is this?” Probably pulling the most disrespectful in history to a king, but the unspeakable feelings brewing inside me is getting the most of me. To him this may all just be his deed to his wife but to us, it is life changing.

The queen who poisoned him kept him held in the palace originally but thanks to Anna’s persuasion she managed to get King Nicholas here at a very early stage, tendering him back to health.

So it seemed like Anna already knew that if she had followed Irene's orders, nothing good will come out of it; she too had not only herself to look after but her pack as well. With Nicholas in her hands, it was easy to threaten Irene if she needed to - yet who knew it is us today who will be reaping what she sowed. 

However, this man right here… “I’m not going back to the palace with you Nathan” “Father!” Attempting to argue Nicholas took none of it; he didn’t want to hear anything to do with the kingdom. He’s running away from the problem; completely.

“I don’t want to hurt anyone anymore. I owe your mother Nathan, and I will give her what she wants” Turning his back on us me and Nathan could only share a shocked glance at each other - he says he owe his wife. So he rather owe the rest of the werewolf kingdom?! Not only that… he owes me. A lot.

“Damien Dalton, do you remember him?” Nicholas froze, his entire body seemed to have been completely stuck - his eyes widen beyond belief, his eyes search mine for an answer to why did I mention that name. “I knew it. Those eyes of yours” In a small mutter, I gave him a small smile, “Indeed I am his daughter. I also know the reason why I survived” - “Damien’s… daughter. Did you come back for revenge?” Immediately glaring at me, seeing me as a threat I continue to look at him in the eye.

“You slaughtered my entire pack because you thought we would overthrow you, yet my father didn’t see you as a threat but a close threat. You betrayed him”

Nicholas frowns, appearing to be slightly uncomfortable that I had brought up the past - “I… made a lot of mistakes in my life. I took a irrational act after hearing the minister’s foreseeing as the elder wolf…” “You said you owe Irene a lot, but don’t you also owe my father and my pack a lot?” In silence Nicholas starts to walk towards the window, his eyes linger into the distance as if he’s remembering something in the past.

“When she was dying, with the newborn Noah next to her, she laid down onto my lap. With shallow breaths she said: “I’m sorry, that I cannot raise our child together. The future will be painful after I die but for our child you must live - I want you to be happy so I will ask of you to ensure your happiness to not push Lucy away and continue to be with her.