Bittersweet:Chapter Nineteen

THIS BOOK IS CURRENTLY BEING REWRITTEN AND HEAVILY EDITED. NAMES, PLACES, AND SOME SCENES WILL BE COMPLETELY DIFFERENT. SOME STUFF WILL BE TAKEN OUT AND SOME WILL BE ADDED.

THE INITIAL PLOT STAYS THE SAME.

So, if you begin reading as of 5/21/2021 and choose to read ahead further than I have updated-some things might be confusing or might not make sense. As of right now and will continue, slowly, adding the new chapters as I write them. CHAPTER NINETEEN has been rewritten & updated.

**IF A CHAPTER HAS BEEN REWRITTEN/EDITED THE ^^ABOVE^^ NOTE WILL BE AT THE BEGINNING OF THE CHAPTER.

Chapter Nineteen

Austin

She stood on the edge of the field with her hands on her bare waist. Even though I was on a tractor a few yards away from her, I could see the beauty radiating from her. She was like a fucking ray of sunshine-warm and beautiful. Her blonde hair was balled up in a messy bun on top of her head and she was clad in a pair of dark jean shorts with frayed edges and a white top so small it showed off her midriff.

Those damn cowboy boots. They were fucking killing me.

It was already fucking scorching out here. The moment sweat began blending into my white t-shirt earlier, I'd stripped it off, throwing it into the floorboard. The air conditioning and the radio went out a few hours ago and I was damn near miserable. The sight in front of me only made it that much worse.

She was waiting on me to come to a stop. When I did, she crossed the ditch in front of her gracefully and then began stepping over the growing crops and made her way to the tractor. I easily opened the door as she climbed up the steps.

Her cheeks were tinted with a rosy, red color and she smiled softly. "I came bearing gifts." She said, as she reached out and handed me a large bottle of water. "It's one of the hottest days of summer yet."

Things had been...Tense between the two of us the past few days. She hadn't avoided me like I'd begged her not to but that wasn't to say things weren't different. They were. We'd fallen into a different pattern-every afternoon we'd go on a short horseback ride together. I'd help her with her form, even though it was near perfect already. I just needed a reason, any fucking reason, to put my god damn hands on her. And I, one-hundred percent, believed that she reciprocated the need. We didn't talk about anything serious-just about our days. As nice as it was, something about it felt off.

Something told me that Hart and I would never truly capable of being in a situation where things were just...Right. The thing is, I wanted to kiss her that night at Divers, and it wasn't because I wanted to fuck her. Don't get me wrong, I wanted that too. There hadn't been a moment in the past few weeks that I didn't need her body but the urge to plant my lips on her's wasn't because I wanted her sexually.

No, I wanted to kiss her simply because it felt like the right thing to do in that moment.

Man, oh fucking, man. Was Tommy right? Was I falling for this girl? No. Fuck no. I'd refuse to admit it as the day is long. I did not have feelings for Elizabeth Hart. It would be a disaster waiting to happen. Even if I had feelings for her, we were polar opposites. Fucking fire and ice.

Our worlds were vastly different in every sense of the word. She was a fucking mess with no damn sense of direction. One that believed in god damn fairytales and true love. One that needed someone to take care of her. I was a mess, too. I could admit that but there was a difference between me and her. I was goal oriented-I wouldn't stop until I got exactly what I wanted. I didn't give a shit about anything outside my future career. Fucking love be damned.