Chapter 50 - Escape

Chapter 50??? Can you believe it??

 I leaned against the wall in Scott's bedroom. He and I had helped Stiles up the stairs and into his bed where Melissa was now giving him a brief medical exam. She shined a flashlight into his eyes, watching his pupils follow as she moved it side to side. She then hesitantly picked up his wrist to check his pulse.

 I wanted to go over and heal him myself, but something inside of me has changed. When I was inside Stiles' head, Cora had told me that the Nogitsune was after my darkness. Part of me was wondering now whether or not he had taken it, but if he managed to get enough power to make his own host, I'm thinking that he did. I just don't know if that's a good or bad thing.

 Deaton says that there's two of Stiles now, the Nogitsune Stiles, and the Real Stiles. It's my belief that the Nogitsune is the one who took Lydia and left Real Stiles here with us. We are checking to make sure, but I'm apprehensive just as to how we're doing it. 

 "Well, clinically you seem okay," said Melissa. "You're definitely a real person,"

 "Okay, so I'm real," said Stiles, glancing over at me for a only a moment. "But am I really me?"

 I stepped away from the wall when I heard Scott walk into the room. Stiles sat up in the bed as he and Melissa both looked back at Scott. I hoped he wasn't paying attention to how hard my heart was beating in my chest.

 "Is she here?" Stiles asked.

 "Yeah," nodded Scott. 

 "Okay, let's do this," said Stiles. I felt him look at me again, but I shifted my gaze towards the ground. "Guys, we have to do this,"

 I brought my head up and turned to Scott. He had his lips pressed inward as he looked at me, nodding to say that Stiles was right. I know he's right too, that doesn't make me okay with it. Still, I let out a heavy sigh and nodded my head as well.

 Scott and I helped Stiles back downstairs, each holding him by an arm. He's still weak and it makes me wonder about the Nogitsune, if he's taking strength from Stiles. He shouldn't need it though, not if he took the darkness from me. I kept it secret how strong it actually was.

 "Do you recognize me?" Noshiko, Kira's mother, asked. 

 She was standing in the center of the living room when the four of us made it down the stairs. As it turns out, Eric and I's theories were right. She is the one controlling the Oni. She called them here and she's the reason all of this is even happening.

 Stiles nodded at her question. He looked back at me, brushing away the hand I had gripped around his shoulder and walking forward. It sent a kind of pain I had never felt before straight through to my heart.

 "Stop!" Kira called, running into the house. Noshiko held her back.

 "It's okay," said Stiles, continuing to walk towards her. "I'm the one who asked her to come,"

 "You're the one who's gonna get stabbed with swords," warned Kira. She turned to her mother, "Mom, don't do this to him,"

 "It's already done," said Noshiko.

 A gasp left Melissa's lips as an Oni appeared in a puff of black smoke behind Stiles. Her hand wrapped around my wrist as another one appeared in front of him. They made the familiar clicking noise that has come to appear in my nightmares, an aftershock from what happened the night of the black light party.

 The Oni lunged at Stiles, one grabbing behind his ear while the other held him from behind. Melissa squeezed my wrist as we watched their eyes glow, and Stiles' body shake. I know what that feels like, having your soul practically turned inside-out and filled with nothing but cold and darkness.