CHAPTER TWENTY

For what seemed like an eternity, Hellen stood in silence, her fiery eyes staring intently at Ludovica. Hellen brushed sideways her snow-colored bangs. "I hope that she is worth this sacrifice you are making, Dmitri." Now, she addressed Ludovica. "Are you aware that he is able to teleport himself anywhere and shadow his presence from any adversary. He can wipe out his existence from the earth. Nobody would be capable of tracking him down."

"Then why doesn't he?"

One of her brows arched. "Why do you think? He might be a powerful warlock, but shadowing you as well would drain him completely. If he loses all of his energy, he dies. I doubt you would want that to happen."

"You're correct. I would never want to cause him any harm." Ludovica turned on her heel, but a strong hand grasped hers and forced her to halt.

"Ludovica, on your own, you will not last long out there."

With a growl, she jerked her hand free out of Dmitri's hold and folded her arms over her chest. "If you are capable of doing what she says, then go ahead. Hide your existence. I will not hide. I'm not going to stop until I avenge the deaths of everyone I love."

Hellen propped her hands on her hips. "Your files have been sent out to many bounty hunters, packs, clans and even assassins. Many would do anything for one hundred million dollars. Dmitri is powerful enough to fight any adversary, but you my dear, will fall faster than you can blink."

With a growl, Ludovica stepped closer to Hellen, but Dmitri held her back. "You know nothing about me to be so certain that I will not make it alone."

"Your strength relied on your pack, Alpha. Without it, you are nothing."

"Hellen, please be nice." Lucille came from one of the back rooms, two drinks in hand. She handed one to Hellen and took a mouth full of the other. "Please forgive my friend here. She has lived so long in isolation that she has no idea how to interact with people."

"No." Hellen glared at Ludovica. "I just don't like her."

Dmitri strode to the closest table and took a seat on an empty chair. Hellen sat beside him. Lucille remained standing behind them, a smile on her lips.

"Dmitri, you sure move fast." He appeared bewildered by her words. "She reeks of you."

Ludovica hated how warm her face got. "There's nothing between us."

"Really? Then why do you have his scent imprinted on your skin so strong?" Now, she stared from Dimitri to Ludovica, evident curiosity in her eyes. Then, she smiled. "I'm going to get you some clothes."

"Sit."

Ludovica shot him a look. "Don't order me around."

"Please take a seat. We have much to discuss."

She sat across from him. "So, what's the plan?"

"We are heading into Azle."

Ludovica stared at him in complete disbelief. "Are you out of your mind? Azle is the capital and I doubt we would be safe in such place. We would be walking right into the mouth—"

"Which they would never expect." Hellen smiled. "Smart move if you ask me."

Ludovica folded her fingers into fists. "If you wish to go there, then go ahead. I'm going to search for a way to get back home and take down whoever is behind this."

Hellen stared in complete silence for a couple of minutes. "That would get you killed."

Ludovica glanced at Dmitri. "I cannot abandon them." Tears threatened to rise when she remembered how they had all sacrificed themselves to get Angie and her out of Astros. "I will go back and save them all, even if it means that I die in the process."