Chapter Forty Four

-------------------------------------

Dedication: Rena785 for the awesome banner on the side. Thank you very much. :)

I don't really have much to say actually, but thank you, yet again for sticking this far with my story! I really do appreciate it. :) <3

--------------------------------------

"Let go of me," I stated calmly, even though my heart was pouding a million miles per minute inside my chest. My hands had turned clammy as I tried to pry her fingers from my flesh.

"You think you can hit me and get away with it?" she hissed, those blue eyes narrowing so that they were almost into slits. Her blonde hair was perfectly straightened and her make-up completely pristine, of course. I just wanted to smack her for being so perfect looking. I know I had a natural tan and pretty good skin, but I was short and small. Admittedly, my chest area wasn't exactly impressive. I envied her looks, but definitely not her personality.

"Please, let go of me." I repeated.

"You think you're so good now that you've got Jason wrapped around your unmanicured finger, but let me tell you, you're no where near being close to one of us."

"Why would I want to be like you?" I snorted, yanking my arm from her grip. "And secondly, you need to stop assuming what I think because you really do have no idea about who I am or what I'm like. All you care about is social status, Prada bags and shoes. You really need to grow up and learn about things in the real world. High school will end soon and then what? Where will your life go? Oh, that's right, I'm sure your Daddy will make sure you get the top education, right? But what happens to people such as myself? When I get out of this crappy town, where will I go? I don't have an endless bank account just waiting for me to use."

"Shut up," she snapped, rolling her eyes. "You go on talking about me not knowing anything about you when it's completely opposite."

"Oh really?" I deadpanned.

"Enough." she barked, shoving me so that my back, yet again, banged into the fence behind me. "I'm so, so sick of you being around!"

She brought her fist up and I cringed away, mentally kicking myself when a soft whimper escaped my lips. Except the blow I expected, didn't come. I slowly opened my eyes and realised Britney now wasn't in front of me.

Instead, pressed up against the fence like myself.

My eyes widened when I saw Mel jab her lower arm into her throat. "Don't you dare touch my friend, you bitch."

"Get off me!" she cried, bringing up her knee. Mel easily dodged it and pressed harder onto her throat.

"Please," she scoffed. "You fight like a three year old."

"Mel, she isn't worth it."

"Actually," she said breezily, bouyantly flipped her golden hair over her shoulder. "I think she is."

She socked her in the jaw, which caused Britney to stagger sideways. Mel reefed her back, slamming her up on the fence again. "Touch Emma again and I swear to God you will regret it. Leave. Her. Alone. You're not the only one with a wealthy, powerful father."