Hidan's a Hero?

Rin gritted her teeth as she dug her fingers into the side of the cliff. After that bandaged guy had thrown her off, she had miraculously managed to grab a small ledge halfway down the incline.

However, there was nothing but smooth stone above and below her. And the ground was still far down.

Nowhere to go. All she could do was hang on for as long as she could.

The shortie felt a sharp sting in her fingers as they shakingly held on. Dirt mixed with fresh blood oozed from her fingernails.

Rin endured for another few minutes, trying anything to distract herself from the pain. The beads of sweat slowly trailed down from her forehead, dripping off her chin as she scrunched her eyes closed. But she just couldn't hold on any longer.

Damn it. She cursed to herself, hating how weak she felt right now. Damn it all!

At that moment, Rin felt her fingers give out as she felt her body become weightless.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

4.47 seconds.

That was the exact amount of time that it would take to fall the remaining 100ft of the steep incline. For the average human, they would reach a velocity of about 44 feet per second before coming to a complete stop as their body slammed straight into the rocky ground below. The immense force applied to their body would kill them on impact and the death would be quick; too fast for the victim to even realize.

Unfortunately for Rin, she was too freaked out to even attempt to calculate all this. All she knew was that 1) She was falling 2) If she didn't do something quick she would hit the ground 3) It would hurt like hell.

Time seemed to all but stop for the shortie as her body acted instinctively from years of extensive training. She squirmed her body into a vertical position and inhaled deeply, trying to force herself to relax.

Easier said then done when you're plummeting to your death of course.

The best Rin could do was somewhat slow down her racing heartbeat as she tried to stop her legs from shaking uncontrollably.

3.56 seconds

Scanning the ground below she tried to steer her body to a grassy area among the trees and rocks, but even then her chance of survival was slim. Slowly, Rin pushed all thoughts out of her mind as she closed her eyes shut.

Think of a happy place. She willed herself, as the viciously wind slashed at her face. Anywhere but here.

2.56 seconds

The one mistake people made in these situations was that they panicked; they tensed up and their bodies turned rigid when they hit the ground, maximizing their injuries.

1.32 seconds

Bit by bit, Rin felt the strain on her muscles begin to slack. She quickly lifted her arms in front of her face, grabbing her own head tightly, and taking in shallow breaths as she did. The ground below her was just a couple of meter away now, as she approached with blinding speed.

0.21 seconds

Suddenly the noise of the roaring wind disappeared as the feeling of falling vanished as well.

The shortie opened her eyes in surprise and found herself standing on the beach, the calm waves lapping over her bare feet.

What the hell? She wondered to herself in confusion.