Part 14

"How are you feeling? It's the big day tomorrow, I know I was feeling extremely nervous when I was the bride." Aurora smiles.

"You really know how to make her feel calm don't you." Maleficent laughs.

"I'm more excited than nervous to be honest. I just want to see him."

"No! Not until tomorrow." Aurora shrieks."Trust me. Absence makes the heart grow fonder. Imagine how excited he will be tomorrow."

A smile spreads across your pink lips at the thought.

Diaval paces the floor beneath him.

"Would you calm down?" Philip chuckles."You're starting to make me dizzy."

A heavy sigh comes from his lips as he leans against the wooden ledge of the cottages window. His eyes land on the far away castle in the distance.

"Only one thing will calm my nerves."

"No. You are not seeing her tonight. Auroras orders. Bad luck or something."

"Oh, humans and their superstitions. There is only one I agree with and that is never let a black cat cross in front of you. Mostly because cats are evil and they eat ravens like myself. I personally believe cats should be banished into far away lands. It would be wise of you to entertain the idea my king."

"I'll think about it." The king laughs.

"Finally, someone understands."

Diaval sneaks another glance at the illuminated castle before sitting down beside Philip.

"So, how come you ended up here instead of the castle? Don't think me rude by asking, I truly don't mean to make you feel unwelcome."

"Well, Aurora said I was to keep an eye on you and to do so requires me to be here."

They stay up chatting for a while before King Philip falls asleep, this was Diaval's chance.

You watch as Maleficent and Aurora fall a sleep, allowing you your escape. You push open the window and turn into a raven, soreing high into the sky. You fly as fast as you can not taking any notice to where you were going. Just one thing was running through your mind.'I need to see Diaval.'

You glance behind you for only a second before blindly fly into another bird head on. You both come falling to the ground in a bundle of feathers. You turn into your former self and brush the dirt from your black wrap around. That's when you glance at the other bird, mid transformation. You beam at the sight of Diaval and waste no time, pouncing on top of him. "Would it kill you to watch where you're going?" He laughs and holds you close. "I guess we had the same idea, huh?" Diaval whispers into your hair.

"I guess we did." You whisper back, looking up at his face.

"I couldn't go the full day without seeing you. It was killing me."

"Me too."

"We are alone now. No one can keep us apart for a few hours."

He leans down and kisses you slowly at first but then more passionately."I missed you." He mumbles between kisses, his hand resting on the small of your back.

You both ended up lent against a tree, watching the sun rise over the Moors.

Diaval hums a song that Aurora had taught him, his gravely voice making it sound absolutely beautiful. His hand is wrapped around your back, keeping your body close to his own as he traces delicate patterns on your hip. You blink sleepily as the light becomes brighter.