Prologue

If you are reading this story AFTER May 19 - I am in the process of updating the new chapters, edited and ready for publishing.

The story is still the same! I've just eliminated parts I didn't think needed to be in the final copy. I hope you still enjoy this story like the older version, and let me know what you think (and perhaps you prefer the old version and that's fine too.)

 *****

Prologue

You never really know how high your pain tolerance is, until something really tested it. Right now, I could feel the cold ground underneath me. The ground was wet because of the rain last night, but it felt like it was burning through the layers of my clothing. My t-shirt was damp, sticking to my body, and my legs were so cold I was worried I would never be able to move it.

I always thought I had a high pain tolerance, but then again, I hadn't experienced something like this before. I could hear voices around me, they were arguing. Through my blurred vision I could make out at least four of them standing over me, no doubt staring at me.

Every vein in my body was on fire, I could feel my blood moving inside of me, trying to pump out the invader and make it less toxic. My skin felt hot, almost burning. The best way to describe it was when you got into your car on a very hot summer day, the air was all hot and hard to breathe, and you grabbed the belt buckle at the hot silver part and scalded your skin. It felt like that both inside and outside of my body.

My skin felt like it was being pricked by thousands of tiny pins and needles, in and out, in and out till it was almost a numbing sensation.

The people hovering over me were trying to find out a plan to save me, but every second they kept arguing my vision was getting darker and darker.

How did I get into this situation in the first place? Well, let me take you back two weeks in time when things were less painful

Hope you enjoy reading this story!