Chapter Twenty-One

Chapter Twenty-One

Audrey lost herself completely the instant Ance's lips touched hers. It was heat, it was passion, it was more than any other kiss she had ever experienced had been before.  

It seemed that the instant he kissed her, Ance was inside her, filling her body with more want and need than Audrey could have ever imagined existed. Ance's lips were possessive and demanding. His thick body was braced above her and she was trapped inside the steel trap of his muscular forearms--perfectly cocooned in his warmth and protection. 

His name left Audrey's kiss swollen lips on a moan and Ance deepened the kiss. His tongue thrust inside her mouth and Audrey matched the passion, causing their tongues to dance together in a fight for dominance. 

Ance's lower body thrust against hers and Audrey could feel the evidence of what this kiss was doing to him pressed tight against her. She threw her arms around his neck wantonly and buried her fingers in his thick brown hair pulling a bit when he removed his lips from her and began to lick and nip at her neck. 

One of Ance's arm snaked downward and his hand brushed against her thigh through the gingham fabric of her split skirt. Audrey stiffened and shuddered as new waves of pleasure washed over her. 

She'd been far too long without the touch of a man. 

A low growl rumbled deep in Ance's chest and Audrey felt it against her throat as he continued to taste every last inch of her skin. 

"I want you, Audrey," Ance's deep voice was low and gruff as he put his lips close to her ear. "I want to touch, to taste, every inch of your damnable body."

Audrey nearly swallowed her tongue! Never had a man spoke to her in such a way! Alexander, though she had loved him with all her heart, probably would have turned beet red and been too embarrassed to kiss her for a month if she'd spoken that way to him.... 

Audrey bit her lip, wondering if she liked the way Ance spoke....

When he nipped at her ear and growled his displeasure at her sudden unresponsiveness, Audrey decided she did as she pushed her hips up against his, tugged at his hair and brought his mouth back to hers. 

Thunder rumbled in the distance but Audrey barely heard it over the pounding of her heart. Ance's fingers grazed against that juncture between her thighs and even through her clothes, Audrey felt the heat from the contact. She nearly jumped from her skin and she let out a squeak of shock. 

Ance chuckled. "How long has it been, Audrey? How long since a man touched you the way you needed to be touched?" 

Audrey swallowed hard, willing herself to calm the hell down before her heart failed completely. "F..five years..." she managed to gasp. Ance's beard was rough against her heated cheeks as he once again began to nibble his way down her neck, this time letting his tongue dance across her exposed collarbones. 

Ance breathed against her skin and then pulled away just enough so he could look down into her eyes. His deep blue eyes were full of lust, awe and perhaps a bit of confusion as he studied her. "You're so different...." he whispered. 

Audrey would rather have the dirty talk back but she supposed she could see where this new direction led since his calloused hand was still resting against her trembling womanhood. "D..different?" she whispered, wishing she could better hide the quaking in her voice. "Different how?" 

"You're a real mother...a good woman..." With that Ance yanked away from her and stood up quickly, leaving Audrey lying there in the mud feeling overheated and under satisfied.