chapter one

I unlocked my phone to see if i had any messages from my pen pal.  His name is Niall Horan, he lives in Ireland.  We've been pen pals sense 2008.  Our english classes teamed up for the pen pal assignment and Niall and I got paired up.  We became best friends that year, even though he lives in Ireland and I live in Wisconsin.  sometimes we'll stay up all night just talking to eachother on the phone.

 Niall's message said,

  I'm thinking about autitioning for the xfactor.  My friends here think it's a good idea, but I don't know, I don't think I'll make it if i do audition.

I couldn't answer him fast enough.

Niall you should totally go for it you have an amazing voice!

I had to hurry and put my phone away because my teacher was looking at me, "whatcha doing Frances?" he asked me, he was fustrated i can tell by his tone of voice.  He walked up to me and said, "why don't you read the message you just sent sense you have your phone out."  "fine' I said,"Niall you should totally go for it you have an amazing voice."

People were shocked to hear my voice because I rarley ever talk, I only ever speak to my best friends Hannah and Niall.  Other people were interested in what I was talking about. 

The rest of the day was just like any other, me sitting in the back of the room not listening to a word the teachers say.  Then finally the bell rang and we got to leave.  After we got our things from our lockers Hannah and I left.  We stood by a church waiting for her dad.

Niall knows when I get out of school so he normally will call me around 3:30 or 4:00, but today he called me early.

"hello?"

"hey Frank"

"hey Niall"

"I desided I am going to audition" he said

I screamed,"Oh my god, Niall that's awesome!"

Niall was laughing at my reaction,

"so what are you up to right now?" he asked me,

"well I'm going over to to my friends house, we're waiting for her dad to come pick us up." I answered him.

 I wasn't paying attention to Hannah but she reached out and grabbed my phone from my hands and started talking to Niall "hi Niall!" she said "are you Irish?" she asked him she started laughing at what he said, but I couldnt here what he said, "well I geuss I'll give you back to Frances, it was nice meeting you Niall." she said to him and gave me my phone back.  Niall said, "she's a very nice girl."  "yeah she's my best friend." I said looking over at Hannah who was petting a stray cat, "Oh my god it's so cute!" I squealled, Hannah said, "I know right?"  "what? what's cute?" Niall asked, totally confused.  "A cat it's so cute!" I explained to Niall, "oh" he chuckled. 

I heard his mom yell for him to do his chore.  "hey Frank, I gotta go" he said sadly.  "ok I'll talk to you later then" I said "bye Niall!" Hannah screamed, "bye Hannah!" Niall screamed back to her.  "bye" I laughed 'bye" he said laughing also.

 Right after we hung up her dad pulled up.  Hannah grabbed the cat, put it in her back, and left a little space for it to breath, "what are you doing?!" I asked her, "adopting a cat" she answered me. "what if it already has a home?" I asked her, "then I geuss it's just gonna have two homes." she answered me, I laughed at her.  Her dad rolled his window down and asked us, "are you guys gonna get in or walk home?" Hannah said,"sorry dad I droped my papers" what papers? we barley ever have homework because our teachers are to lazy to actually give it to us.  But her dad bought it.