Chapter 2 - Party Town

"So he really said you had to pay for it?" Becca asked as she help Lauren sort out her hair with a blowdryer. "Were either of them cute at least? You said there were two of them."

"I don't know if I were younger I'd say the younger one, Nick, was kind of cute." Lauren said running her brush through her hair several times. "The other one was covered in blood from the demon so I couldn't really say. He had some,God I can't believe I'm saying this but, he did have some gorgeous eyes."

At that Becca stopped and looked down at Lauren with a disbelieving look and turning off the dryer before she spoke. "Gorgeous eye?" She said as if she still didn't quite understand what her best friend had just said. "I thought you said they were red?"

"They were..."

Lauren looked up at herself in the, the memory of those two rubies looking at her and even though they were bright with frustration and annoyance they were still beautiful. She found herself unconciously bitting her bottom lip and run her brush over her hair again as she tried to put a face to those eyes. He was definatly muscled after seeing him tangle with that demon that couldn't be disputed, and even under the blood she was able to see that he had somewhat of a sharp and narrow face. Had she been closer to the car when he went after the dog she might've been able to see what kind of hair he had or what he might've looked like. It troubled her to think that she might've developed a crush on some guy she didn't even know on top of being someone that yelled at her like a child.

She was so deep in thought about how her rescuer looked underneath that thick coat of blood that she didn't even hear Becca's question until she was thumping her on the head. "Ow, what!?"

"Oh my god, you got the shade of damsel-in-distress syndrome." Becca said with wide eyes and a gapping mouth as she sat down and let out a small laugh. "I can't believe it. I thought that you might be the least likely of everyone that I know to get it but hear you are. All swooned over about some guy that you don't even know."

"What in the hell are you talking about?" Lauren asked credulously fully aware of her face begin to heat up. "And I am not swooning."

"It's a condition that we've been discussing in psychology." Becca brought her palm up to her forehead tapping it several times to try and get herself to remember something. "It's not damsel-in-distress, there's a name for it but I can't remember what it is. It's when someone falls for another person after they'd just saved their life."

"I am not falling in love with the guy that nearly ran me over."

"But you were just fantasizing about him a few seconds ago weren't you?" Becca asked with a winning look on her face. "Okay, for now I'll believe that you don't, but only because you have your first date tonight since Chris Edwards in high school."

Hearing the mention of one of Lauren's old attempts at a relationship nearly made her choke when a rapping came at their door. Both girls looked to the door, both asking if the other was expecting someone and getting a shake of the head in response. Both of them got up and walked over to the door and opened it up leaving Lauren speechless to find Roy standing at their door. Beside her Becca let out a little squeak when she saw him. He was wearing almost the exact same thing he was when earlier, with the only difference being the addition of a indigo denim jacket with sleeves that were just a little too long for his arms. But another little difference that Becca saw was that he had shaved and even though she wasn't complaining about the little bit of a stubble he had, she liked the way he looked now even more.

"Hey I'm looking for Lau- Oh you answered." Roy said looking at the both of them with a little bit of nervousness on his face. When neither Lauren or Becca answered, and with Becca only wearing a very skimpy top in clear view of Roy he cleared his throat before speaking again. "Um, I asked one of the people out front which room you were in so you wouldn't have to come out looking for me. Is this a bad time?"