Chapter Fourteen

Chapter Fourteen

Ryan Walker

Her lips tasted like heaven and hell.
Kissing her was both torture and magnificence rolled into a minute. She had the softest lips in the world. I could feel her innocence, and I was a selfish bastard, tainting what was left of her first kiss. She was quite surprised when I slammed my mouth onto hers unable to control myself any longer. She let out a silent gasp, which I devoured with a smile. And when her mouth parted just a tiny bit enough for me to savor her taste, I almost lost it. Almost lost control of myself. I almost marked her right there and then.

I hungrily growled when she pulled away. She needed air, but I needed her.

"Sorry for b—breaking the—" Charlie's cheeks were flushed. Her eyes were darting on everything at once but my gaze. I smirked, my arms clasped behind her as I absent-mindedly stroked her back.

"I hope that was a nice first kiss for you." I whispered lowly, my breath fanning her ear and neck. My lips slowly grazed the soft skin inches above her collar bone.

She whimpered. A growl erupted from my chest. I thought about my wolf for a second, trying to feel him in me. But he wasn't there.

"Ryan. Are you okay? You seem sad." Charlie asked, concerned. How could she know in the matter of seconds? My heart warmed. The feeling of someone caring for my welfare was foreign to me. I mean, there was Martha, and my cousins, but they were it. I tightened my arms around her, feeling fucking sappy, but immensely contented with her presence.

When I didn't respond immediately, Charlie's hands went to cover her face. "Oh no." She quietly cried. "Charlie, what's wrong?" I worriedly asked.

She peeked at me through the space between her tiny fingers. So fucking cute. "I was a bad kisser, wasn't I?" She asked, obviously mortified, even though she masked her face with her hands.

For a second I just stared at her and processed her theory in disbelief. And then I laughed softly, giving her addictive lips a deep kiss one more time. "You're the best kisser in the world." I whispered, and smirked at my blushing mate.

"You too." She replied, and then frowned. "I mean, you're the only I've kissed so I don't really have that much experience," she continued, but her words seemed to be directed towards herself, not me. When she realized she said those words out loud, her eyes widened. "I mean, you're the only one I'll kiss so you'll probably the only best kisser for me." Charlie babbled. And then her face heated up again, as if it couldn't get any redder. "I mean I'm not trying to compare you with anyone else and I'm not planning to kiss anyone else so I can see who kisses better—"

"Charlie." I spoke, breaking the chain of words that were tumbling out of her mouth. I stared at her grey eyes and moved so our bodies were even closer. "That better be a promise."

She was looking at my lips, distracted when she asked. "Huh?" My lips twitched, letting out a small smile. Knowing that she couldn't concentrate because of me gave a huge boost to my fucking ego.

With my eyes fixated on hers, I spoke again. "You better not kiss any other asshole. Okay, Charlie?" I breathed down on her neck, giving her tiny kisses everywhere.

She nodded, blinking a thousand times a minute. "Of-of course! I'll only kiss you! She buzzed, her grey eyes clouded. I grinned. She was making my heart constrict with satisfaction.

Trying to control my emotions, I told myself that I needed to get out of here. If I didn't, things were going to escalate quickly, and I was pretty damn sure Charlie was not yet ready for that high of another level. "Now let's go. You do need to taste pizza."