Chapter 2

Hope you all enjoy this chapter. Sorry I've been really busy and unable to update. I hope to update on a regular basis now..

I woke up to the sound of the bus doors opening and students getting off. I waited until everyone was off before I went to get off.

A couple years before I had attempted to get off with everyone else and was pushed, tripped, and grabbed. I avoided being in that situation again.
I tapped my stick in front of me and slowly made my way off the bus. As soon as I had made my way off the vehicle and onto the pavement, I heard the squeal of tires as the bus took off down the street.

Another day of school. Fun!(Note the sarcasm)
I gradually made my way into the school and towards my locker on the far side of the main building.

Senior year.

Unlike everybody else who was excited for their last year, I was not. School was supposed to be a great time with your friends, figuring out your futures for after high school, finding your mate.. I had no one, I had nothing.

I am the girl who hides out in the bathroom stalls so she doesn't get pushed around. The one that hangs by herself, cries herself to sleep at night, and has no one to confide in and talk to about her sad pathetic excuse for a life.

The entire school hates me.
Hillcrest High is primarily made up of werewolves with the few humans in the mix. There is no escape from the constant abuse I receive, with home and school.. Not to mention the principal is loyal to our alpha and his son.

I hate jake with every fiber of my soul. Why did he have to be such a horrible being? Why couldn't he have been like all those other sweet and caring alphas out there?

Nope.

He's a malicious bastard that only cares about himself and his next lay.
I eventually reached my locker after making my way around the crowd of wandering students. I grabbed out my brail book and supplies I'd need for class for the rest of the day so I wouldn't need to keep coming back to switch out my books. The only good thing about this school was that they had a brail class, thanks to our previous shaman/elder, Mavis lynne.
She made this class when she was alive (Mavis in mind) and the principal had kept the class out of respect for her and her memory.
I learned the same materials as the other students and had actually far surpassed them.

School work kept my mind busy and was a place I excelled and felt I accomplished something. It was a few hours out of the day I could forget my troubles.

After I had already finished my homework for the next day the bell rang for lunch.
I grabbed my bag and books and headed back to my locker to store some of my things.

People were milling throughout the hallways, the noise of constant chatter getting so loud, that I decided to head outside for a breath of fresh air.
There was a cool breeze blowing outside. I felt my hair tickle my ears as It moved about in the wind.
I sat down by a tree I usually came to that was quiet and out of others' way. The freshly mown grass, was prickly against my fingertips as I sat in the cool blades.
I ran my hand through my long tresses of golden-brown hair and listened to the breeze. My hair was the only thing I knew about my appearance. On rare occasions my wolf (layla) was able to catch flashes of color or maybe a quick image. That was the wonderful thing about being a wolf, I could sometimes see color. I loved the fact that my wolf had golden-brown hair. It probably shined beautifully in the sunlight.

I stayed out there, laying out in the sun for a bit, until I felt it was time to head back inside before the bell rang for the end of lunch.
As I made my way back into the school I could hear the sounds of Ashley and her posse talking about the new year and some of the "hotties" on the football team.

"OMG! Did you see Michael this morning? Total hottie with his abs glistening from his workout! Ahh..." Angela said.
"I know right?! And did you see Jake? Damn that boy is fine!"
"Hey he's mine!" Ashley shrieked.
I chuckled under my breath. Girls. Always staking their claims on guys as if they're a piece of property.
"HEY!" Ashley yelled across from me.
Oh my god! Did she hear me?
"Yeah you, blindy! I'm talking to you bitch. Who do you think you are laughing at us and listening in on our conversations huh?"
"I wasn't laughing at you. I was laughing at myself and I was just on my way to class. I swear I wasn't listening in on your conversation. Promise."

"I don't believe you for a second. Right girls?" Ashley's followers quickly agreed with her. I could hear their footsteps as they quickly swarmed and surrounded me.
I held my breath as I waited to see what they would do. I could hear the other people close by come over to watch the standoff.
My heart pounded through my chest and I felt my body shake with pure adrenaline and terror.
"We don't take too kindly to people disrespecting us.." I could hear Ashley's fast approaching feet as she said this to me.
I waited.
The pack always found a way to beat the living crap out of me. Me publicly disrespecting the queen bee would not go unpunished. It was a huge mistake for me to open my mouth. Why couldn't I have kept quiet???
The smash of a fist flew into the right side of my face and knocked me into the ground. My walking stick was yanked out of my hands and thrown across the lot.
I cried out from the impact of the hard earth and held my throbbing cheek. I could feel my body already screaming out from my earlier beating this morning.
After the first hit, the punches and kicks came flying from all directions.
One after another, pack members came and supplied hit after hit to my abdomen, face, back...
They never let up, not once. I could feel blood begin dripping and poring out from open wounds.
As they pummeled me I began to lose consciousness. My senses began to dull as I grew weak and lightheaded. I was losing to much blood and at this rate if they didn't stop I could die.

I knew the end was coming and felt the life quickly drain out of me. I welcomed it.
"Enough!" A loud booming voice commanded.
The torture stopped.
I was too weak and out of it to tell who had stopped the beating that surely would have taken my life. All I could feel was my body start to cave under.
I held myself in a fetal position as I heard my pack members quickly back away and head off into the school.
The last thing I heard before I lost consciousness was one word.
"Mine."