4 | The Land of Stone

When Shivawn woke up the next morning, the vision from the Eye of The Lotus kept haunting him. If what he saw was true, then it meant him and Darius were going to be in love and have a child. At least, that was what it looked like. For some reason, the thought had his stomach churning with butterflies.

Another thing he couldn't stop thinking about was the kiss. His cheeks burned with chagrin at what he'd done. What the devil had entered his brain to make him spontaneously kiss Darius just like that? And heaven knows he would have done so much more if they hadn't been interrupted. The thought made him blush harder.

He concluded that he must've done it because he'd almost lost Darius – again.

This was the second time he was feeling such terror at the thought of losing the other prince. He wouldn't say it out loud, but he had been petrified out of his mind when Darius had fallen sick. What would have happened if he'd lost him? And then seeing Darius, hale and hearty had just made something snap in him, and without thinking, he'd just leaned over and done it.

He hoped Darius would forget about it – it was a spur of the moment thing. It had been the adrenaline. Nothing more.

He'd already taken a shower early this morning because he didn't want any disruptions, and was too shy to let anyone see him leave the bathroom like last time. He was fully dressed, sitting on a stool outside and watching the children play with a small smile on his face. They were just such beautiful bundles of joy, making him ponder if he wanted some of his own some day.

The thought led him back to the vision, and he slapped his cheeks and clenched his eyes shut, shaking his head like it'd ward off the weird feelings making his stomach swoop.

He got up to stretch just as the bathroom door right across from him chose that moment to come open. Shivawn couldn't help the burn that rose in his cheeks when Darius exited the bathroom with nothing more than a flimsy maroon towel wrapped around his hips. Water droplets slid down his brown skin tantalizingly, his thick dark hair wet and clinging to his face and shoulders in thick waves. He had beautiful legs...firm with muscles and –

"Like what you see?" Darius teased, and Shivawn reddened with mortification.

"You look highly inappropriate!" Shivawn immediately quipped, his cheeks reddening even further. "There are children around, in case you've forgotten!"

"I left my clothes in the cabin," Darius said with a smug grin. "A simple act of forgetfulness on my part. I apologise for the indecency, Your Highness." He mock bowed.

"Silly cow," Shivawn huffed and turned away.

Darius laughed, a sexy, husky sound, and every inch of Shivawn stood at attention when the other prince walked by him to get to his cabin, the scent of his shower heavy in the air. It was only when he heard the sound of Darius's cabin door closing that he finally relaxed.