Party Plans

“Delivery for Avery Mason.” Mike, the mail guy, said with a smile as he stood in the doorway of her dressing room.

Avery uncurled herself from the couch, skipping to the door. “Hey Mike. How are you?” She smiled, signing the clipboard.

“Great.” He handed Avery something off of the mail cart. “Have a good day Ms. Mason.” Mike started to walk away.

“You too.” She waved after him. She closed the door and looked at the delivery. A bouquet of red carnations, she smiled, thinking the flowers are from her amazing boyfriend.

Avery grabbed the card that was poking out of the flowers. “Hope you like the flowers. - Calum.”

She was a surprised.

“Knock, knock.” A male voice called from the door. “Oh, you got the flowers already.”

“Um yeah.” Avery turned to Calum. “Thank you.” She managed to fake a smile.

He walked up to her, obviously nervous. “I was wondering if, maybe, you might want to get dinner with me on Friday?”

Avery bit her lip and set the flowers down on the counter. “I'm sorry Cal, I can't. You know I'm dating Rocky.”

“Oh, someone told me you guys broke up.” Calum said, looking down at his feet.

“Who said we broke up?” She questioned, her eyes were hard on him.

“Laura. She said you two broke up over the break.” He answered. “You know what Sunny, I'll just get out of your hair. Just forget I asked.” Calum rushed out of the room, totally embarrassed.

Avery stormed out of her room, extremely pissed. She walked straight into Laura's dressing room. “How dare you? How dare you tell people that Rocky and I broke up?”

Laura stood up from her couch, her eyes staring Avery down. “I want Rocky! And damn it, I will get him!”

Avery scoffed. “Honey, if he wanted you, he would have asked you out.” She put her hand on her hip. “He knows you like him and he DOESN'T like you back!”

“You don't know that.” Laura sneered.

Avery looked into her eyes. “I was the one who told him that you like him.” A wicked grin came across her face. “And he still choose me. So, Laura, for the love of God, leave us alone!” She got up into Laura's face. “I'm done playing your pathetic little game.” Avery turned around, walked out of the room and right into the arms of Rocky.

“Hey, I was just about to come and see you.” He beamed, looking into her eyes. “Why are you mad?”

Avery shook her head. “It's nothing, just stupid girl drama.” She shrugged it off, leading her boyfriend back to the dressing room, a bubbly smile on her face.

Rocky immediately noticed the flowers from Calum sitting on the counter as he sat on the couch. “Who are those from?”

Avery sighed, cuddling up next to him. “Calum, he was trying to ask me out.” She looked up to Rocky, grinning. “And of course I told him to get lost, I have a boyfriend.”

Rocky kissed her behind the ear. “If you throw those flowers away, I'll buy you tulips. I know they're your favorite.”

Avery turned her head, kissing Rocky on the lips. “Deal.” He smiled in the kiss, pulling her close to him.

~~~

The next day, Avery found herself walking into the Lynch's house.

“You do know that Rocky is working, right?” Ratliff said as he walked passed her, a bag of chips in one hand and a xbox controller in the other hand. He plopped himself on to the couch between Riker and Ryland.

“I know that. I'm here to see Rydel.” She replied, walking into the kitchen where she found Mr. and Mrs. Lynch talking with Rydel and Ross.

“Oh, perfect.” Mrs. Lynch smiled when she saw Avery standing there. “Come here honey, we need your help.”

Avery smiled and sat down next to Mr. Lynch. “Sure, what can I do?”

“Next week is Rocky's birthday.” Ross started but was quickly interrupted by Avery.

“Yeah, I know. I was actually planing to take him to go see that new Batman movie.” She informed the family.

“That's great!” Mr. Lynch exclaimed.

Rydel looked to her best friend and explained. “We are planning a surprise party for Rocky and we need someone to distract him for the afternoon.”

Avery smirked. “Yeah, I think I could do that. I can pick him up at noon, take him out for lunch and then go see the movie.”

For the next fifteen minutes, they continued to go over plans for the party.

Avery looked down to her ringing phone. “Oh, I have to take this.” She walked into the next room. “Hi Nora.”

“Avery, I have some pretty good news for you.” Nora, the manager, paused for a dramatic effect. “I just got a call from Disney and guess who they want to star in their next movie?”

Avery let out a shriek. “You're kidding?!” The whole family came running in, concern written all over their faces.

“Absolutely not!” Nora threw back. “Filming stars in the spring and the movie is to come out next Christmas.”She explained.

“What's going on?” Riker exclaimed when Avery let out another squeak of excitement.

“Nora, I'll call you back later.” Avery said, hanging up her phone, beaming at the family that stood before her.

“Is everything okay?” Ratliff, concerned for his 'little sister'.

“Disney wants me to do a movie!” Avery couldn't help but glow.

“That's amazing!!” Ross exclaimed. The whole family surrounded her, giving her a group hug. All excited for her.

“What did I walk into?” Rocky questioned, leaning on the door frame, a smile on his face.

“I just got a movie offer!”Avery said, untangling herself from the family, walking over to her boyfriend.

Rocky's face lit up. “Sunny, that's amazing!” He picked her up, spinning her around. Avery's laughter carried through the house.

Mark wrapped his arm around Stormie's shoulders. She rested her head on his chest. Both of them smiling, knowing that their son had found someone that makes him truly happy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Let me know what you think :D

Hope you guys liked it! 5 comments or votes :D

Lots of Love - Raz