Chapter Thirty-Two

Harry.

It felt as if the world was on top of me, and that it was crushing me. I knew that Lauren had killed me, made me drain all of my blood, my life source, and in order to wake up Bridget, but I wasn't afraid. I would wake up because I couldn't actually die, however, I would be extremely weak and that was the only thing I was really worried about. I didn't have a blood supply anymore, Layla was gone, she was somewhere safe and somewhere I didn't know about. I wouldn't be able to feed from her.

So that would have to mean I would die for real after a few minutes of waking, and that pain would be agonizing. It's not the funnest way to die, dying of thirst. It's like you can't breathe, your throat constricts, your stomach tightens, and your entire blood feels as if it was set on fire. And this continues until your body drains itself completely out of energy, and eventually you pass out, and you cease to exist in this world.

I only know this because I've felt it before, I felt it just before I found my first ever blood slave with the type of blood that I needed. Her blood was given to me as I was about to go unconscious, and somehow it woke me up. I was able to breathe again, but I was still hungry, so I had to take more from her. She was a small girl, very young I remember, so I couldn't take much, only enough to give myself the energy to get up again. After that I gave her my blood, and locked her away until Leigha convinced me to bring her back to her village with her parents.

The weights on me seemed to be gradually fading, and I resisted the urge to cling to them in order to keep myself passed out. If I continued to be unconscious then I won't be able to save Layla from whatever is threatening.

The fire began in veins, but it wasn't as bad as I had thought it would be. I felt too hot, and not well, almost like there was a white hot branding iron being shoved down my throat and against my entire body all at once.

I squeezed my eyes shut, and let out a long shaky breath before finally opening them. Both Bridget and Lauren were staring down at me intently, and it took me a moment to realize that Bridget was alive. Relief flooded through me at the discovery, but that still left one question to answer, where was Emma?

"Try not to talk, Harry," Lauren gently ordered me, and held a bag of blood in front of my face.

I tried to push it away, and shook my head. "I can't...have that," I whispered weakly.

"You have to drink something, Harry," Bridget said as she slowly opened one corner of the blood bag, allowing a few drops to fall on my face. "You'll get sick, but at least your body will have something to help it start up."

I opened my mouth, and let her pour a few of the droplets in, and almost immediately I felt them ready to come back up. Someone held my nose, and it allowed me to take in a few more sips of the foul blood, but I soon couldn't take anymore, and leaned over to vomit all over the floor.

"Harry, you need to keep it down," Lauren said and grabbed my shoulder, forcing me to lay back against the couch. "I know it burns, but you have to keep it down. We need to talk and we can't do that if you're dead."

I slowly nodded, and swallowed down the vomit. The blood felt like acid in my mouth, my throat, and my stomach, it felt as if it were ready to claw it's way out at any time. However, after a few moments the pain subsided, and I was able to breathe correctly again.

My head turned to face the two witches that were curiously watching me. "What the hell did you do to me, Lauren?" I whispered.

She frowned, and I saw her grab Bridget's hand. "I'm sorry, Harry, I had to do it. I had to bring Bridget back, and the only way to do that was..." She trailed off and looked at Bridget.