Chapter 17: Efforts

Okay guys so here is the second update for today. Don't forget to FOLLOW, VOTE and COMMENT to show your love for this story.

Also, I have updated the cover for Possessed and Possessive and I love it.

The cover has been done by @TheRiverRunsDeep

Thank you so much :)

Enjoy reading. I'll take a brak now and update in a while again hopefully.

-S

***************************************************************************************************************

Damian's POV

As I walked along Alice to her house her words kept ringing in my mind:

"Adam! And I didn't ask him! He did it on his own because he even felt what I felt. He even saw what I saw. Unlike you Damian! You were just so busy tending to your bruised ego that you went blind"

It hurts to know that Alice thought that about me. How could she? How could she not know that I am not like that?! Although she did ask me to forgive her and I did but it still hurts. Just as much as it hurts to love her and have her not love me back.

I shook myself out of my reverie and turned towards Alice:

"Hey how's James?"

I saw something flash in her eyes when she shrugged and said: "He's great."

"Oh. Cool." I said feeling she didn't wanna talk about him. Is she okay? Are they okay together? Maybe they had a fight or something. Yeah maybe thats just it.

As we reached Alice's house we both noticed Adam sitting on the front steps. Though I don't hate this guy or anything but I just don't like the way he looks at Alice. Had I known better, I would've thought he likes her or something but given his reputation I know well enough that he just sees her as a challenge. That asshole!

I don't like seeing Alice hang out with him but when she told me he's also into this scheme I thought it better to be a part of it so as to not leave him alone with Alice. And that is why I forgave her so easily I just don't want her to be alone with a player like Adam. She's too innocent. Just like Beth and I saw Beth get hurt real bad all because of another player. 

Sigh! And now here I am to help her get back with the same person again. If I should say the truth aloud then I must say that I really don't think Beth and Edward would work out. They're like too different from each other and there is so much hurt between them that I feel it won't work. But I love Beth and I do want the best for her so here I am helping Alice out with whatever she is upto with Adam. While I was lost in my thoughts I heard Alice greet him:

"Hey Adam, you came pretty fast."

"Yeah well I just live down the street." He said in reply

"Oh really, I didn't know that." Alice replied.

"Yeah we just shifted few days back."

I thought it better to greet him so I said" "Hey Adam"

"Hey man" he replied.

We then followed Alice inside and sat down in the living room. Alice beamed at us and said:

"Well guys I know we're all together here for our friends whom we love a lot and we want them to get back together and in order to do that I have taken the first steps."