PART TWENTY-FOUR

PART TWENTY-FOUR

The bell finally rang, declaring lunch. Natalie and I walked out of class quickly and went to the canteen, engrossed in a deep conversation about... I really don't know actually. It was that random. When we got to our table, Prudence and Cindy and Prudence were already seated, arguing about some stupid movie.

"Hey guys" Natalie said, "Look who's here today"

"Omigosh Nelly! Where have you been?" Cindy beamed, attacking me in a bear hug

"Where's Mr. Romeo?" Prudence asked, looking around

"His name is Alex" I said

"Are you guys still going out?"

"Yeah" I said and blushed

"About time" Tamica said as she sat down next to Natalie, who was sitting across from me at the edge of the table "Welcome back Nelly. Or are you gonna ditch us again today?"

"Aw dont say that Tamy. You know I'd never do that" I said

"That's..."

"The me and Alex thing doesn't count at all. We were just hanging out and we agreed to keep that on the down low now" I said

"Good coz I missed you so much" Mitchell said as she joined us

"You guys are mad at me" I said

"Well duh! You've been hanging with Mr. Prince Charming forever and ditching us" Mitchell said "so... what happened?"

"what do you mean what happened?" I asked

"I mean did you guys break up or have a fight or... whatever. What gives?" Mitchell asked

"Oh you dont want me here do you?" I asked

"After avoiding us for like... EVER, you're suddenly coming back to hang out with us. What happened?" she asked

"Nothing. Infact, we're now officially dating" I said

"Dang. I thought I actually had a chance with him" she said teasingly and everyone laughed, that was before Tyler, came and sat with us.

"Hey ladies" he said, taking a seat next to Natalie, who began blushing furiously after looking at him. Well... almost everyone was drooling at how hot he was in a matter of seconds.

"What do you want?" I asked

"What? No welcome?" He teased "I'm here to hang out with Natalie. Do you have a problem with that?" he raised his eyebrows and I looked at Natalie, who'd hidden her face behind her hair and kept on blushing. Before I could answer, I saw Alex coming our direction and immediately, my heart sped up, before I realised he was walking with someone else, and that someone, was the new girl, Patience. And he didn't even notice me, or at least look in my direction to check if I was there or not. Instead, he was smiling at what Patience had said and she looked like... well... I couldnt read her expression. It was torn between joking, uncaring, and... happy?

~~Patience POV~~~

First day of school... Argh. And I wasn't having the best one either. First, I bumped into this girl... Nelly? And had sport. Then after, I had Science, and when I got in there, there was an empty bench, and just as I sat down, and students entered the room, I recognised someone. Or maybe he looked familiar. He wasn't paying any attention to me at first, too busy talking to his friend, but then his head lifted and his eyes met with mine. Those eyes. I knew them from somewhere. And just as I was about to cuss at myself for being all weird, he smiled. And I knew immediately who it was. Alex. THE Alex. Oh god could my life get any worse? He was the last thing I needed on my mind right now.