Chapter 14

Chapter 14

I was sitting in my room staring at the wall. I didn’t feel like doing homework, I didn’t feel like moving. There was this nagging impending doom I couldn’t shake from my skin. I could hear the soft voices of my parents downstairs, they were talking about Logan. My mother wanted to know if anyone had seen him, when my father said no she expressed hope of maybe he did flee town and we’d never see him again. My father didn’t say it but I knew he believed that wasn’t the case.

I got up from my bed and turned on the TV, I didn’t want to hear their whispers of fear.

As the night went on I eventually did my homework for tomorrow and got ready for bed. I hadn’t seen or heard from Austin since our run in at the school parking lot. It seemed like now our relationship was going back to the old days where we kept our distance. I was glad for that. I really was trying to believe it.

I laid in bed staring at the ceiling in the dark. I couldn’t sleep; maybe I slept too much over the weekend. Whatever it was I was laying there wide awake waiting for the hours to pass and it be tomorrow.

It was some time after midnight when I noticed my window was being opened. I sat up panicked and tried to figure out what I’d do if it was Logan. I could scream and the whole block would come to my rescue. I waited because it could also be Austin. He was after all the only person who used my window as his own personal door.

“What are you doing?” I asked as he placed his feet on the floor.

“Why are you awake?”

I shook my head; it was my room so I had the right to ask questions, not him. “Why are you here?”

He came and sat on the bed. “Shh before your parents hear us.”

“You’re the one breaking in.”

“You left your window unlocked. You secretly wanted me to show up.” he whispered softly as he kept moving closer to me.

I gasped. “No I didn’t. I just forget to lock it yesterday after you ran out of here with your ass on fire.” That was the truth.

“Whatever.” He leaned in and kissed me.

I pulled back away from him, not one to give up he moved closer and kissed me again. We kept doing this until he had me pinned down on my bed. With this kiss he moved his tongue along my mouth at a slow teasing pace. I was easy and gave into him, I didn’t want him to stop no matter how many questions ran through my head.

Moments later he did stop and touched his hand to my cheek. “Look at me, Sydney.”

I did and found his hazel gold eyes above me. He laid half on top of me with his hands along my face and hair. “What are we doing?” I asked.

“Why do we have to figure out?”

“Because barely a week ago we were mortal enemies.” I said with a weak smile. “We’re not supposed to be doing this.”

“No we weren’t supposed to be doing all that fighting. We’ve supposed to been doing this for a long time.” He kissed my cheek and moved down to my neck. “I can’t get you out of my head.”

I couldn’t believe everything he was saying. This couldn’t be real. “You’re not trying hard enough. This is so crazy and I know you’d never say these things unless Logan came after me.” that fact made me sad and I hated it. I wasn’t supposed to be feeling anything either.

“Why does it have to matter how it happened?” he sat up and pulled me with him. “If you really want to talk about this then come with me.”

“Where?” I was confused for so many reasons.

“Somewhere we don’t have to be so quiet.” He grabbed my hand and waited for my answer.

I knew it’d be dangerous to go with him, dangerous for my heart and sanity. I knew for a fact now I didn’t have much control when he started touching me and I wasn’t sure how much more I could take before submitting. I knew I should be kicking him out and going to bed, there was school tomorrow but again my mouth was listening to illogical parts of my mind. “Ok.”

He went out the window first and then I followed, outside he grabbed my hand again and we walked away from the house and out of our block. Cars were risky at this time of night and in silence we headed to the nearby park. He hadn’t let go of my hand, I wondered if he thought I might ran back home if he didn’t touch me to remind me of the surge pulling between us.

At the park we walked through the forest of trees and stopped after the main street was no longer visible. I grew nervous, this was it we were finally going to put all our cards on the table and talk about this, no matter how embarrassing.

Or so I thought, instead of talking Austin pinned me against the nearest tree and started kissing me. Bastard! Unlike the kisses in my bedroom he wasn’t going slowly just in case my parents heard, there was no one here to bust us and he was using it to his advantage.

His mouth attacked mine as both his hands tugged at my sleep shirt, I wasn’t wearing anything under it. “Austin, no wait.” I slapped his hands away before he pulled my shirt off. “This isn’t talking.”

He groaned and fell to his knees and rubbed his face against my thigh. “I don’t want to talk.” He lifted his head and started pulling at my shorts next.

“Austin!” I pushed him back on the grass and took several steps away. “I don’t believe you.”

“Believe what?” he crawled over to me and I was really started to freak out.

“That you want to do this, that you actually want me.”

“I do.” He grabbed my ankles before I could move. “I really do.”

I noticed his eyes growing lighter as they turned yellow, his wolf was starting to call the shots and with it coming forward I felt my own control slipping. He was stronger than me and the fact he was touching me didn’t help.

“Austin….” I groaned, or so I thought but it sounded like a moan.

I was at a loss of words and he knew it, he reached up to my thighs and pulled me down to the grass with him. He kissed me and all of my control slipped to a spot to be retrieved later. I felt the animal part of my soul soar to life, I kissed him back and pulled at his clothes the same way he pulled at mine.