Solving a Little Problem

The next morning was hectic, to say the least. Rolland spent most of the day trying to convince the brothers that he could handle the guy who had touched him all week, but when they wouldn't agree, he had to scramble into their car before they left.

"I know you're planning to kill him, but you can't!"

Dart glanced into the backseat and smirked, signing to him from the passenger's seat. "We don't need to plan, silly. We'll just kill him."

Rolland's gaze darted around outside as he noticed them getting closer and closer to the restaurant.

Crap. Think think think! What would get them to not go today? And more importantly, not kill someone?

They were just pulling into the parking lot of the restaurant when he shouted, "I-I'll do whatever you want today if you don't kill him!" Bryce suddenly hit the brakes, and a second later the car skidded into an empty parking space.

Bryce looked over at Dart, who quickly signed back at Rolland. "You will do anything we want today? Anything?"

Rolland felt his stomach drop but hesitantly nodded. They looked at each other again, then signed at the same time. He had a feeling they signed something similar to sex, but his attention suddenly focused on the person walking across the parking lot toward the restaurant. The twins noticed immediately and turned their attention to him with narrowed eyes.

"Well well."

"Look who grew up... and won't be living for much longer."

Both of them looked like they were about to pounce on the guy so Rolland did the only thing he could think of and grabbed their arms. "Don't! Please don't kill him. Please."

He pleaded with his eyes when they turned back to stare at him. Both brothers seemed about ready to just shove him away and go after the guy anyway, but then they looked at each other and began to talk.

"How much do you wanna bet Luke will be in his room when we get back if we feed off of Rolland in front of him right now?"

Dart said something so Rolland turned his attention to Bryce, trying to read his reaction. He smirked, which Rolland wasn't sure was a positive or a negative, before Bryce replied.

"All my life savings. So, ambush the bastard?"

"Sounds like fun, bro."

They both nodded, then looked back at Rolland. They weren't out of the car and tearing the guy's throat out, so he gave them a smile of appreciation... right before he was yanked forward by the collar of his shirt and both Bryce and Dart dug their fangs into either side of his neck. It normally wouldn't freak him out, but now the guy who had been after him the past week was staring straight at them. Bryce's fangs slipped from his neck, and Rolland noticed him beginning to talk again.

"Knock him out."

Dartanian's jaws tightened on his skin and Rolland could feel him beginning to pull harder, drawing more blood into his mouth. He tried to scoot backward, but they held him firm until darkness took over.

****

"I can sense him coming. You ready, bro?" Dartanian said as he slid beneath Dart's bed and his brother ducked into the closet. "Yeah."

They both grew quiet, the only sound in the room that of Rolland's breathing. About two minutes after they had hidden, the door creaked open, then was closed and locked. A low, hungry growl rumbled through Luke's chest as he approached. He wasted no time in climbing into Dart's bed. Dartanian was pissed about it, but he held himself back until he could smell blood in the air.