Something Wicked This Way Comes

Prologue 

December, 1993

"Be very quiet, Medha," her mother cooed in her ear, as she tried to hurry her three year old daughter along with her.

"But mamma...." Medha tried to protest. She couldn't understand why she had to be so silent in her own house. And where was her father anyway?

"Not now, sweetheart," her mother shushed her,"just promise mamma you'll be very quiet."

Their house was in its entire monstrosity seemed extremely haunting and lonely to Medha. There was nothing safe about this mansion they lived in. and where was daddy? He’d always promised to look for the monsters under her bed before she slept.

Why was her mother dragging her around like a ragdoll, and sneaking around their own house?

So many questions haunted the three year old’s mind but swallowed all her questions until her mother would give her permission to speak.

Her mother took her to Medha’s room and put her in the walk-in wardrobe she and her husband had build so lovingly for Medha, three years ago.

She hugged Medha close to her and said, “I love you, darling. Remember that always.”

Something creaked right outside Medha’s doorway. Her mother knew she was running out of time.

“No matter what happens, I don’t want you to come out of this closet unless daddy comes for you. Okay?”

“I love you too, ma,” said Medha, confused.

She warned Medha again to stay inside the cupboard no matter what happened.

Then a lot of things happened at once: the door burst open, a man with heavy scars on his face looked menacingly down at the figure of Medha’s mother crouching in front of the closet. With a cry of a madman he plunged a dagger into her back, piercing her heart. Medha’s mother screamed, and then the shrill cry of Medha’s own voice drowned everything out...