Chapter Eleven: What You Wish For

The weekend was over, and it was time to go back to the one loveable old place every child and adolescent just loves to attend from ages 4 to 18. Oh yes, you know what I'm talking about don't you? Seeing as the majority of you reading this are probably attending high school...Except you, I know you're older than that. Probably in your mid-twenties or so, and reading books on the internet to avoid having to buy them at the store...Or just for convenience. I wouldn't know; I'm not you.

I'm a heavy sleeper, except when someone opens my door. Then I wake up ever so slowly to glare at who ever dares to disturb my slumber. It never seems to occur to anyone who interrupts me that I like my dreams. When I say “five more minutes,” I mean I need five more minutes to finish whatever story was playing in my subconscious so I don't go nuts for the rest of the day trying to figure out what the hell happens next.

So when you-know-who started pounding on my door, yelling for me to get up and get ready for school, I slept right through the sounds and managed to delve even deeper into my dreams, if that were possible.

And it was a good dream! You know, the kind you would never tell the guy you're crushing on about... Thank God for the fact that I'm a girl, otherwise it would be totally obvious to the world what I'm dreaming about. No, I'm not stating it in plain words, if you don't get it, I'm not spelling it out for you.

Well, someone didn't like the fact that I was sleeping right through their insistent calls for me to get my arse out of bed. So they opened my door and stalked in, causing me to wake up right in the middle of my favorite part... “Kathryne! Get up!” I heard him yell, his footsteps pounding over to my window to whip up the blinds.

“Oh God, not the sun!” My hands shot up to cover my eyes, trying to block out as much light as possible while my sleep-infused voice was trying to be as loud as it possibly could, “It buuuurns!” I hissed, pulling my bed sheets over my face to hide.

Adrian waltzed over to my bed, tugging lightly on the covers, “Rise and shine sweetheart! It's 6:30AM and school starts in an hour,” I wanted to strangle him for being so annoyingly cheerful in the morning, but I couldn't. My Uncle would kill me.

I groaned, “Nooooo, don't want to,” it was way to early for him to be bothering me right now. And on a Monday. I'm terrible with Monday's.

And sunny days in general really. Sunny day's can kiss my... you get the idea. I like it when it's cloudy, so I don't have to go about everywhere wearing sunglasses, and I can see without having to squint. Not to mention the fact that good sunglasses are expensive! Seriously, $124.99 for a polarized pair that's not even designer! Grrr...

Another sharp tug on my sheets, only this time he actually got them away from me, “Kathry-” a pause, “Why are you only wearing underwear?”

Shooting up, fully awake and aware of the implications, I darted to grab my sheets again, “Because I sleep naked dumbass! Now get out of my room!” I shrieked, trying to cover myself up before he saw anything.

He turned bright red and looked away, “I'll keep that in mind,” he was smiling again, damn him, “Get dressed, Eric got us breakfast,” he added before running out of my room so I wouldn't try to beat the crap out of him.

“I swear to God Adrian, I'm going to kick your ass!” I screamed after him, bursting up to slam my door shut before anyone else, namely my Uncle, could walk by and see me in my birthday suit. I could hear him laughing from down the hall through my door, “It's not funny you jerk!”

In less than fifteen minutes, I was dressed in my school uniform, a purple knee-length skirt and white blouse with a black jacket, and was ready to head downstairs. My morning routine would have to wait until after breakfast. Scowling at the steps that were one of my potential doomsday's, I used the handrail on the left to inch down a step at a time. I felt slow and bulky, and my casted limbs felt like dead weights as I walked.