Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Oh no. This is too crowded for me. I can’t go in there; it will bring back bad memories. I’m just seeing it and my mind is already flying with horrible thoughts. This cannot be happening; I need to get out of here. Come on Charlotte, just take a deep breath and slowly move backwards.

Stepping back, I bumped with Sebastian’s chest who was staring at me curiously. “You okay?”

Usually Sam will help me in these situations but she is not here and I cursed myself for wanting to go alone. “I’m fine, anyway, thanks for taking me here. I would have still been lost if it weren’t for you.”

“You don’t look fine and no problem.” He eyed me.

I moved away from him and started to walk to a lonely bench in the open hallway. The bench was facing the forest, a beautiful view. “Really, I am. Just go and enjoy your night. Nice meeting you.” I waved at him and kept walking.

Sitting at the bench, I sighed and relaxed. Much better. Well, there goes my chance on meeting someone tonight. That place was too small for that many people, it should be forbidden. Don’t they feel like they are stuck in a cage and can’t get out?

“It really is a nice night.” He appeared and sat beside me.

“It is.” I agreed. “What happened? Are you waiting for someone?”

He shook his head and dug in his pocket for something “No.”

I watched him and frowned as he got out a box of cigarettes and got one out. He placed it on his mouth and turned it on, putting everything back in his pocket. He took a drag and exhaled slowly then glanced at me and saw that I was frowning. “What?”

“That thing is bad for you.” I scowled, watching him. I cannot believe this; I knew he was too good to be true.

He chuckled and relaxed against the bench. “Sweetheart, we are immune to this. Won’t affect us at all, it is just for a distraction.” I blushed at the use of the nickname again. “You blush a lot.”

I blushed harder. “I can’t help it. And that thing keeps being bad for you, you’ll get addicted to it.” he shrugged.

I sighed and gave up, turning to stare at the forest ahead. We stayed like that for a while. He smoking and I just enjoying nature’s view.

He finally finished the cigarette and threw it on the ground, stepping over it with his foot “So, where’s your pack located?”

“I got none.” I shrugged. “Yours?”

“None as well, they left me here because they didn’t want to risk me killing anyone.” He sighed and stared ahead.

I watched him. “Must be hard.”

“Not really, I got all I need here. They give me food, a roof and they chain me on the full moon. All I have to do is not kill anyone and do what they tell me to.” He smiled.

“That’s good.” I smiled back at him.

Turning my gaze to the sky, I sighed. “You think we’ll find our mates tomorrow?”

He snorted. “Sweetheart, you got a lot to learn.”

I frowned at him. “What do you mean?”

“You just do.” I stared at him, trying to figure him out but he just stared ahead, not meeting my gaze.

“Did you give up on yours?”