Chapter 1: The Call

16:55

5 more minutes till I get the call.

16:56

4 more minutes till I find out if I got the apartment that iv been waiting for, for over 10 months.

16:57

3 more minutes until I know if me and my boyfriend can escape the lives we’ve been living and start the journey of our new one, together.

16:58

2 more minutes.  I have been staring at my phone screen just waiting for those 4 numbers to come up for 28 minutes now and its almost time. For 28 minutes iv been sat here waiting for Josh to come over. You see, me and josh have been together for 3 years now and we have been through so much together. 2 years ago he was diagnosed with cancer. He had to go through 18 months of chemotherapy and about 5 months ago he was given the all clear. When we found out that he was terminally ill we decided then that on my 18th birthday we would leave our homes and have a fresh start in a new house, in a new city. Right now we both live in Newcastle and the apartment we are trying to get is in London.

 But here’s the thing, our parents have no idea about our plans. They have no idea that I have been saving up money for 3 years for this. My parents thought I was saving up for a car but they couldn’t be more wrong. I know that when they find out they are gonna be destroyed and this is why we decided 18, as apposed to 16. Because now that I am 18, they have no control over me.

17:00

Right on schedule my phone started blaring out magic, my favourite coldplay song.

When I answered it, it wasn’t the call I was expecting.