Before the hearts collide, chapter 01

Before we started, I'm planning to do SYOC for this one. The main female characters needs some friends. Please note your character/yourself in your comment as well as your thoughts for the first chapter. I'm gonna pick one or two only (and if you like I can put you with either Nash or Jamie... Ian is taken, screwwww him LOL) - Liz xxx

I dedicate this chapter for all of my readers (but Wattpad only allows one slot) so... I love you guys, Meggless21, Renae (musicluvah), Lollypower12 and Slushie.

***************

01. Seven pieces of a domino disaster/reaction chain.

If saying that the worst day of her life was the day that her first love broke up with her, Olivia Elizabeth Alexander was bloody wrong. Well, this moment right now was her worst moment in life, ever, she could stand on some kind of stage, in front of the whole America if it was possible, and tell them how she changed the definition of her worst day. She believed, no, it was more like the most obvious truth or instinctive human reaction, that the whole population on Earth would oppose that definition.

But here was the thing: No one wanted to come home after three years of studying in university and the only thing (not person, note that) that welcomed her home was the dead plant on the door step. Well, it was only that warm welcome, she would not complain, ever, but there were a whole series of domino reactions followed by that damn dead plant that made her life the most ‘wonderful’ day (yet?!).

Olivia had free time, a whole lot of them, so she made a list.

First piece of the domino chain: Arrived home around 4 p.m. and no one was home, but the dead plant (that was mentioned before, but no one died if she said it again).

Second piece of the domino chain: She had been away for three years. Her mom only worked retail and her sister, basically, did not (or could not) do anything to support the family financial problems. Well, that explained the reason she could not spend money to go home for Christmas or summer holiday or whatever.

Third piece of the domino chain: This piece stood in the middle ground between ‘good’ and ‘bad’ kind of thing. She had just been offered a job as the publicist of a band (she studied public relations and advertising in university). We would come to the band later, right now the important part was the job she was after. She considered herself lucky to have a job right after her graduation. It was a small record company though, but at least she had a job. All of which can be translated that she could only be home for one week. And she had been locked outside of her home for two hours.

Forth piece of the domino chain: She remembered clearly that she had told her mom she would come home today. She understood that her mother was out of town today so her sister would be the one who was supposed to wait for her at home and let her in, as simple as that. But she knew her sister. She did call her last night to say she was coming home the next day, today! And she was bloody wrong to trust her sister. She would have known that her respectful, role-modeled older sister had forgotten about it completely and gone out with her friends. And she did not expect that sister of hers to come home within the night.

Fifth piece of the domino chain: She could not get in touch with her sister. So here was she left for her sister:

(Or something like that)

‘Eleanor Leah Alexander, I remember clearly that I told you I’ll be home today. Where the fucking hell are you? I need to get into the house. It’s getting cold. Call me ASAP!’

She left about ten different versions of that message.

Feeling helplessly, Olivia she called her mom: