Part 10

**Sam’s POV**

I lost the baby…

I lost the baby…

Sure I didn’t want it to be born, but I was beyond sad when the doctor told me the big horrible news. After all the baby was a part of me and it was all gone. I was so depressed all I could do was mourning it every minute of the day, Smith looked guilty all the time and holding my hand reassuring me everything will be fine. I wanted to believe that, but things wouldn’t be the same once I check out of the hospital.

I had to run, run away of NY, found myself and return. I join Red Cross without anyone knowing. It was hard living in Latin America. It was so different. We visited many countries, in every country you could see which territories had wealth and in which death runs.

Red Cross provided food and water in poor devastated territory, health and reconstruction services. I wanted to create a better world for them. I knew I could only help few people but it was hard.

When Haiti was devastated by earthquakes, was a real nightmare, we arrived and every building was gone, we were there a month ago and the staff was shocked. People were extremely hungry and thirsty, they were violent. Many team workers had to return to their countries so they could heal. The help increased and the people became more civilized.

Aurelio a Haiti resident that was 13 years old and which dreams was to be one of us in the future, was helping us. Sadly more earthquakes came and  Aurelio was trapped inside the medical ward. A wall crash into his little body and he survived, later when he woke up the pain consumed his energies, the wall crushed his body but the injuries weren’t deadly. His right leg was broken and the ward was out of anesthesia, the pain was unbearable the doctors fixed his leg. He screamed loud but he didn’t cry. He didn’t blame anyone.

When he recovered he told me he was visiting his 28 year old sister but she was already dead. He screamed and tried to wake her up, but she was gone. He was fighting back the tears and sobs because a man doesn’t cry. So her sister squeeze his hand hard and with a paranormal voice shouted RUN. He was petrified and scared he separate her hand and the new earthquake started. He run as fast as he could but the wall hit him. He thanked her sister and prayed for her eternal sleep.

Aurelio and I became friends and his recovery was excellent he helped the team translating messages from both parts. When the team was preparing to leave Haiti, he told me his dreams had changed he wanted to bring hope to his country. He discovered months ago in some tryouts he had potential to be an athlete, the government will support him. I wanted to help him so after the good news I bring him to our only access to the outside a PC with internet, we surfed through pages and bought the things he will need, he was so happy. The things arrived 2 weeks later and he started his path to be a runner.

After months in Haiti we were relocated, but I decided to return home instead. The whole chaos healed me and I knew what I had to do. I returned to New York, and my first stop was a cellphone shop, I bought a smartphone, called my parents and in minutes a taxi arrived, the ride was long so I checked my facebook account. It was the first time in 2 years I checked it. The updates were massive. I checked them as fast as I could. Many of Red Cross staff upload pictures about us. Real friends wrote in my wall, jerks were deleted instead.

I arrived safely to my parents’ home, they were busy as usual but with a kind smile on their faces offered a special dinner the whole family was invited and Smith as well. After all he was part of the family now. His mother was sentenced to dead and almost a year ago he was an official orphan. My family loved him so much that “adopted” him right away.

I was nervous because I was unsure about my feelings for Smith…the night came, I dressed pretty, and when I reach the table, the family hugged me to death… they also missed me.  I sat in front of Smith, before we started eating an update reach my facebook account in my smartphone. I checked it and was a marriage request from no other than Smith, I nod my head and accepted it. After all my heart beat was ridiculously noisy when I saw him. After the dinner and late at night Smith propose me again the whole family clapped. We talk and talk till we fall asleep on the couch.

My ex-band was growing really good. They had their agendas full, I couldn’t return to them after all I was replacing a drummer that returned as soon as I left the band. Smith invited me to “FAY” bar so we could watched them and invited them to the wedding, they were glad I found happiness.

A week later, we decided the date of the wedding, 6 months later, 30 of July. The arrangements were in charge of a specialist, so I was relaxed all those months. A week before the wedding I was freaked out but my love for Smith grew and grew so it was comforting and enduring.

Smith changed a lot, and the Daniels’ properties and firms kept him busy but not so busy. We travelled around the world for businesses and fun, in Haiti he met Aurelio and with full support his team was beneficed by Daniels’ sports firm. I call Aurelio every month, he is like a brother, we invited him to our wedding but he had competitions that weekend, so he couldn’t  go.

>>The wedding’s day<<

Who would think that the 19 year old version of me would choose right the man of my life? I was almost 22 years old , a whole bunch of happy ever after days ahead. I was nervous but it’s normal for an almost bride right? In my beautiful white dress and princess like hairstyle. I walk to the altar, bells chiming, important people watching me walking to my almost husband side. Unbreakable love spells and eternal love kisses. Tasty food and cake, dancing and drinking, lovely people celebrating our bond.  A story, with a happy ending after all.