Escape.

⊿Keira

             Jhene Aiko's soothing voice playing through my pink earphones, as I jogged. The vapor's played once again on repeat. That song always took my mind somewhere else. It made me think about him. I hated the effect he had over me. He's possessive and obsessive. His colors were showing and last night proved it. The way he grabbed me, my forearms gripped tightly through his hands. That devilish look in his in his eyes. They pierced through my soul almost.

             Trey wasn't always like this. Ever since he lost his job, he's been stressed and angry. He takes his anger out on me now. The constant irrational arguments, threats, and the way he treats me. It doesn't seem like I'm his wife. I feel like a doormat that he just continues to stomp all over. I ask myself why haven't I left. Then I look at our precious daughter, Gracie. Our beautiful four year old babygirl.

             She's the reason I haven't left. Trey may treat me horrible now but I couldn't say he isn't a wonderful father. Gracie adores her father and taking her away would probably hurt them both. I couldn't do that. My heart wouldn't let me. I'd feel horrible.

             I stopped jogging and found an empty bench to sit on. I panted with my head lower, starring at the concrete ground. This was my forth time jogging this week. It released those feelings I couldn't get rid of. Trey was now stressing me out with his foolery. Coming home late, the stench if alcohol and cheap perfume lingering over him. I'd be a fool if I thought he was faithful. That's what hurts me the most. He said he'd never cheat, he'd never lie, or do anything to harm me. But that's all he's doing now.

             Warm tears trickled down my cheeks. I wiped them away, and looked at my wedding ring. This was suppose to be a symbol of his love. The love isn't here anymore. The love drifted sway; that's what it seems like. Suddenly the sound of a vibration, caused me to sit up. I looked at the caller I.d and sighed deeply. What a coincidence.

"Hello?" I answered, sitting back on the bench.

"Where the hell are you?" Trey asked with annoyance evident in his voice.

"I went out for a jog Tremaine."

"Well jog your ass back home and get started on dinner. Gracie and myself are hungry."

Discreetly I rolled my eyes at his ignorance. Something I wish I could've said: Get your black ass up and go cook. But instead: "I'm coming now."

"Uh uh, hurry up too." He replied flatly and hung up in my face. Now what did I possibly do to relieve such rudeness? Not a thing.

             Not wasting another moment, I called myself a cab and waited. It felt like hours. Great, here's another reason for Trey to curse me out. The cab arrived around seven and took me to home, which was about three blocks away. I paid the cab driver with ten dollars before exiting the yellow vehicle. I headed up to the porch and unlocked the door using my key. As I opened the door, I could hear such a familiar giggle. Gracie. A smile had appeared on my lips. Hearing my babygirl always brightened my day.

             She brought so much joy and happiness to my life. Ever since she was born, I've became such a better person. As I entered the living room I saw her watching her favorite movie, Finding Nemo. We've been watching that ever since she was born. She's so addidted now; its adorable.

"Gracie!"

"Mommy!" She screamed and ran to me, stretching her arms into the air. With a smile I lifted her up, giving her a tight hug. "Where was you?"

"I went out for a bit. Did you have fun today?" I asked.

"Mhm! Daddy took me to the park and we played. Then Daddy's frand, Miss Kelly, she gave me yummy ice cream." Gracie rambled.