Chapter Seven- Part three

a/n: I'm sorry for the wait! :) I'm a full time student, so please respect that. Also, I had a hard time writing this chapter.  So forgive any mistakes! 

DEDICATION: To everyone who has ever commented/voted/ viewed this novel! I can't express how much your support means to me!  Thank you for taking the time to read this novel : )

<3  

Chapter Seven Part three-

“Hello, Kiddies.” Thomas said.

He was nearly thirty minutes late. Thomas dangled his car keys in front of my face. “We need to make a few stops before we head to the beach. Follow me, Kids.”  He said.  He placed his arm around James’ neck.  James looked uncomfortable and his body instantly stiffened.

“You can walk with me. So we can get to know each other better.” Thomas said.

“Can I drive?” James asked.

“No, we are taking my car.  And I don’t let anyone drive my car.” Thomas said.

“Okay, I need to get the telescope out of my car before we leave.” James said.   James headed to his car and popped open the trunk. He pulled out an ancient telescope that was carefully wrapped in a blanket.

Thomas even seemed impressed by the telescope.  “Wow, that is incredible. How old is that thing?”

“I don’t know. My grandfather gave it away to me before he passed…so it’s probably at least hundred years ago. His father gave it to him when he turned thirteen. “ Thomas said.

“Damn, I’m sorry to hear that.” Thomas said.

I couldn’t believe Thomas was being so nice to James. He was still pretending that I didn’t exist.

“I mean I know what its like to loose someone close. It’s really hard.” Thomas said.

“Yeah, well Star’s mom told me about her father. She didn’t tell me any details but….”

Thomas tucked his hands into his pockets.  “Yeah, I don’t like to talk it.  He was the one that kind of held our family together.”

James nodded, “Yeah, I Understand.”    Thomas placed James’ telescope into the truck of his car.  He told James to sit upfront and he made me sit alone in the back.   Once we all tucked safely in the car, Thomas started the engine. The engine of his 1960 convertible roared loudly.

“This was my father’s car. It was his most prized possession. He won it at some auction.” Thomas explained.

I watched them interact with each other. And my mind was silenced and at peace.

“Oh. How fast can it go?” James asked.

“I think it can go up to 150 but I’ve never tried going past hundred.” Thomas said.