Block Party

Jackie's POV

"Shannon you need to be at the school by 10 to help set up for the party which begins at 12." I explained to Shannon on the phone. I heard mumbling and shuffling before I heard her talk again. "Okay, fine I'm getting up and getting ready. I'll be there as soon as I can."

"Great! Don't forget that Derek needs to come too! See ya when you get here!" we hung up as I was walking into the school. Today was the day of the block party. Since the break in two weeks ago we have upped our security at the school and for this party. Joseph was on his way with the grill and I had to section off the area for the party.

"Excuse me, are you Jackie?" someone behind me asked.

"Yes I am. How can I help you?" I asked turning around to face them.

"Hi, I'm Jamal, and this is my partner Matt. We are here to help monitor and be the security for your party." 

"Okay great! When the guest start to arrive you can help check them at the front table. There will be  people that bought their tickets in advance and others that will be paying when they arrive. Don't worry there will be sign telling people which line they should be in and you can each monitor and check people as they enter the party." 

They nodded and helped me set up for the party. 

A few moments later I heard a car pulling up and it appeared to be Joseph with the grill. "Hey" I said walking over to give him a hug.  He stepped out of the car and gave me a quick hug and peck on the lips. "Good morning, you look nice" he replied handing me a cup of coffe.

"Oh thank, you too!" I grabbed the cup and began drinking. I had on a navy blue and white stripes maxi dress with a jean vest. My hair was in a bun and I had silver hoop ear rings, with silver sandals. He had on navy blue boat shorts with a white polo shirt and brown sperrys. I giggled which caused him to look at me. "What?" he asked.

"We're practially matching." I said smiling. "Well I guess we just have some kind of telepathy going on." He brused his thumb against my bottom lip and gave me another soft kiss before went separate ways.   I went setting up the tables for the food while he and the guys set up the grill.

The booster parents arrived with food and began creating a section for the DJ. Apprently we were able to book this up and coming DJ, who wanted to come as a favor. I never got his or her name, but since they weren't asking for a lot of money, I'm fine with them. They are suppose to be arriving soon since the party begin in like forty-five mintues.

"Jackie I think the DJ is here" Shannon pointing over to the car pulling up. "Okay, can you go and greet them, I have to go through and check to make sure the bathrooms are opened." she nodded and I started walking back to the school. 

*

Joseph's POV

"Hey I'll be right back!" Jackie yelled walking back into the school. Derek and I started grilling some burgers and hot dogs. "So how are you and Shannon now?"

"We're doing better. We went to the doctors last week so she's about six weeks pregnant now. She has only met my mom once and now the second time she'll be meeting her is to tell her about being pregnant."

"It will be okay Derek. Does your mom like her?" I said putting the patties on the grill. "Yeah, they really hit it off when they met."

"Great! Then what are you worrying about?"

"I don't know, I guess I'm still getting use to the fact that I'll be a dad." he said flipping a burger.

We continued grilling the meat then we heard this loud commotion and yelling.

"What the hell are you doing here!" 

______________________

I know this is short, sorry. Who do you think was being yelled at?

Don't forget to Vote and Comment! :)