Little Bird. (Maleficent : Diaval)

A pained scream reached my ears, causing me to bolt up and look around the Moor wildly for the source. The screaming dies down, but it was still there with the noise of despair mixing into it.

Rising I flew from my tree and ventured off to find the source of the noise. Soon my feet gently hit the earth and I crouched down, staring at Maleficent in shock, my hands find her shoulders, causing her to jerk her attention to me. After a few moments of silence between the two of us, she buried her face in my shoulder while I wrapped my arms around her, seeing the reason instantly for her pain and suffering.

"He took them Nim, he took them," She held onto me for dear life while I silently held her, knowing I couldn't say a thing to make her better. "I loved him. . ."

"The word love is thrown around by humans, they are filled with greed and deceit towards their own kind. I am sorry you had to find it out this way, the human man deserves to be cursed for the pain he has thrusted upon you," I murmured, my hand lightly brushing through her hair. "Does it hurt? I can heal it for you-"

"No. . .I'm fine. I'll heal on my own," Maleficent pulled back, putting a brave mask over her face before she slowly pulls herself onto her feet. She tries to step forward, but she starts to fall forwards, only for me to catch her and steady her upon her feet.

"Here," I murmur, bending down to pick up a fairly large stick and held it out for her to take, knowing she would know why I was handing it to her. She turns it into a large walking stick and I hovered around her on foot, just waiting for her stubbornness to end her face first into the earth.

"He stole them. . .I can never fly again Nim," Maleficent murmurs, sending a sag pang through my chest.

"I know!" I yelled suddenly, spinning around her so I was right in front of her. "I won't fly from now on. I'll walk with you and never leave the earth-"

"No, Nim-"

"This is what friendship is, Maleficent," I smiled, closing my eyes before I focused for a moment before I felt a burning sensation pierce my skin, stinging followed while I slowly felt ill in the stomach at the pain. Slowly I opened my arms and looked behind myself, finding no wings in sight, instead a pale blue intricate design was over tattooed over my skin. I tried not to topple over at the sight of my wings under my pale skin, I had only done this twice before - and both was to go and see the human world for curiosities sake.

"Come now Maleficent, let's disinfect your wounds." I guided Maleficent away to my tree and thus beginning our new adventure.