Chapter 3 *the mask*

Enjoy... :)

Chapter 3 *the mask*

Bethany's POV

Taking slow steps, I crawled inside. To my amazement, it was just like any other room. But, in another way different. I moved around some more. The kitten jumped out of my grasp and sniffed around. Instead of a bed, there was yet another spiderweb attached to the walls in the center.

I peered around some more, yet the feeling of wariness never left me. So I made quick leaps to the exit door, but I had strayed too far, and instead come falling on the spiderweb bed. It wasn't sticky, to my amazement. But I still got paranoid. Especially since I knew a spider didn't make this.

I shrug off the spiderweb and walked towards the exit, until something caught my attention. I side step and watched the room closely, until it landed upon an object on the ground. I shudder, thinking it was a dead body.

I hesitated, but again, curiosity won the best out of me and I walked closer, encouraging myself on the way.

Suddenly, I stopped in front of the decapitated head in front of me. A shrill blood curling scream escapes my lips.

Was I next?

I was about to take off running, when I noticed how abnormal the head was. I held my breath and crouched down.

It was a mask.

Now I was afraid I was losing my mind. I poked the unusual red fabric. I picked it up, warily, tracing my fingers around the fabric. It was thin, but resistant. Soft, but tight. Somehow the thought of leaving it here, didn't seem appealing at all. So I tucked it inside my worn out jeans.

Yes, incase you're wondering, for four years now, I have only worn this outfit, which consists of torn loose jeans and a dirty white tank top. Nothing else except panties.

You might probably be thinking: I would kill myself before I wear that.

But then -

Why am I not dead?

Why am I still alive?

Perhaps because, there was nothing in the attic I could use as a weapon for suicide. Or perhaps because I still have hope. Hope, the this nightmare will pass. And then I could finally be happy. That there was someone out there that could possibly change the fact I suffer. Because I still have hope that a hero will come and save me. Just like a fairy tale. My hero.

But that I fantasize. I dream. I wish. And I hope.

Was that what kept me living?

Because there's something urging me inside, to keep on breathing. A voice whispering, "Don't worry Bethany, I'm coming. Your hero is coming."

I shake my head. I grab the kitten in my arms and make it out the room. I step on the unusual spiderweb stairs, and crawl back to safety. The pain had gone away, but I still felt a bit sore. Bruises and gashes still lingered in my body.

I try to make the place seem untouched. So I turn off the big screen computer, and fix the chair properly. I grab the kitten again, and looked back one more time, taking in everything before my eyes. Maybe I couldn't keep this place, but now I possessed a part of it. The mask.

I crawled inside the tunnel, leading to the attic. Everything is pitch dark. Good, now I won't be seen. I open the door, the entrance to the attic. The kitten purred and jumped out of my grasp. I guess he found a familiar place. I smiled at that.

I closed the door to the secret room, grabbing the key and tucking it inside my pocket, along with the mask. I can't see anything, but I managed not to trip or fall, as I make it to the other side of the attic. The light side.

The rays of the sun, tempted me to crawl out the window, and feel it's warmth radiating me properly and naturally. I sit on my bed and sigh, taking out the mask. It seemed as if a pair of eyes were just staring at me. I shivered, my eyes now stinging. The fabric seemed to stand out in the thick darkness. It seemed to glow with power. I rubbed the mask.

That night I dreamed. I dreamed for the first time in four years. I dreamed of the owner of the mask.

______________________________

- hey guys, I love you so much! Reading and voting and commenting! I absolutely am in the verge of tears... :')

I love you so much guys!!' :) next chapter, until next month. Keep on supporting!

Reads- 207

Votes- 22

Comments- 20

Higher higher higher!!! Love you anyways!! :)