Small bump

For the anon who requested a story based on Small Bump. Enjoy :)

I was so excited. Tonight was my and Zayn’s one year anniversary. We had been married a full year. I could barely believe how amazing the year had been. Zayn had given me so much love. That’s why I wanted to surprise him and make him his favorite meal. Tonight would also be the night that I would tell him that I was finally ready to have a baby. Zayn had wanted to start a family from the minute we got married, but I wanted to wait. I wanted to enjoy our first year. And to be honest I wasn’t ready to share Zayn, as selfish as that sounds.

I heard the ding of the oven and ran to take out my homemade entrée. Without thinking I grabbed the dish without an oven mite. “Shit!” I yelled throwing the dish on the counter. 

“(Y/N) are you ok?” Zayn said running into the kitchen. I stood there holding my hand with tears in my eyes. 

“I burned myself.” I cried. Zayn grabbed my hand and turned the faucet on. He put my hand under the cold water. I felt a sudden urge of relief. Zayn always took care of me. Its one of the many things I loved about him. 

“You always know what to do.” I smiled kissing his cheek softly. He smiled and kissed my forehead. “That’s because I love you,”. 

After the burning my hand incident. I finished cooking and made Zayn go wait in the Living room until everything was perfect. I set the table in the fine china that Zayn’s mom had bought us as a wedding gift. I loved the set so much. It was light pink with silver accents and a delicate flower in the middle. I put a few candles in the middle of the table and put out two wine glasses. I put the food on the table and smiled. This night was going to be perfect.

I ran upstairs and quickly got ready. I got dressed in a tight long sleeved cream dress. I put on a pair of turquoise heels. I threw my hair up into a top knot bun. I put on the diamond earrings that Zayn gave me when we were dating. I looked in the mirror and put on my makeup, some mascara and top eyeliner. Once I decided that I was ready I walked downstairs. 

“Zayn, come into the kitchen!” I called. I only had to wait a few seconds and he walked in. He was dressed in my favorite white button up and a pink tie. He looked gorgeous. 

He stopped and looked at me. “You look beautiful Baby.” He said walking towards me and kissing me softly. 

The kiss started to get heated. I wanted him so bad, but I had cooked an amazing meal and I had to tell him his surprise. So I pushed him gently and pulled away. 

“Zayn stop we need to eat.” I told him out of breathe. He sighed and pulled me towards the chair. He pulled out my chair and I sat down.  Once he sat down we started eating. 

We had finished our food and were laughing so hard. Zayn always knew how to make me laugh. I wiped my mouth and took a deep breathe. “Um Zayn I have a surprise for you.” I told him.

His eyes lit up and he pulled a small box out of his pocket. “I have a surprise for you too.” he said handing me the box. I looked at him and smiled. 

I opened the box and inside was a gorgeous diamond bracelet. “Oh my god Zayn its beautiful”.

“I saw it and thought it would match the earrings I bought you on our first one year anniversary. Let me help you put it on.” He said grabbing my wrist and gently putting the bracelet on. 

I leaned forward and kissed his lips. “Thank you. I love it. And I love you.” I whispered. 

“Ok now your present.” I said taking a deep soothing breathe. I was so nervous. I didn’t know why but I was.