Chapter 10

Awww, Zayn is such a cutie!!! I love him in this story! (and reality-of course:P) Don't get me wrong, I'm not picking favourites out of our boys, but I just thought Zayn suited this role the most, you agree??? please keep voting and commenting!!!! means a lot guys!

"Oh, morning Deandra, how long have you been up?" Zayn asked when he walked into the loungeroom.

"Oh, a little while now, I hope I didn't wake you" I answered.

"Oh no, no, it's allright, there was a gecko on the cieling that wouldn't shut up, hardly got a wink of sleep since 3am" he said, trying to stifle a yawn. I shuddered.

"What's wrong?" Zayn frowned.

"Geckos" I shuddered again. Zayn cocked his head.

"Geckos?"

"Yeah"

"What's wrong with geckos?"

"They hate me, I hate them, it's a mutual agreement. Though their jumping on my face every night is definitely not a mutal agreement" I muttered under my breath. Zayn laughed.

"Well, I guess I can't blame you for being afraid of them then" I shuddered again.

"Wait, is it still in the house?" I asked suddenly.

"Yeah, it's in my room" Zayn replied, "Why"

I was frozen in fear. There was a gecko in the same house as me, only across a piece of floor 2.5 meters wide, from my room. There were gaps under the door just the right size for a gecko to sneak through, crawl onto the roof, and catapult itself onto my sleeping face.

"Get it out!" I shrieked. "Now! Get it out get it out get it OUT!" Zayn blinked in surprise.

"Woah woah, no need to yell, we have friendly geckos around here-"

"I DON'T CARE GET IT OUT!"

"Ok, Ok! I'm getting it!" with that Zayn ran from the room and into his. I ran into the most closed in corner there was and sat there, holding my knees, watching the hallway with wide eyes waiting for Zayn to come out.

"Ok, come to me, come on, come on, that's it, keep going, almost there-"

"You aren't the gecko whisperer! Just grab it and go!" I yelled up the hallway.

"Got it! Come on, hey, out of my shirt! I know I'm drop dead sexy but-HEY! Get the Hell out of my pants!"

"Out, out, out!" I kept whispering over and over to myself. Finally Zayn made it out of the bedroom and out the door, taking the gecko with him.

When Zayn came back in i was breathing hard.

"Wow, when you said you were afraid of geckos I didn't expect, wow!" he was panting as well from hurrying so much.

"I. Hate. Geckos" I said to myself, changing my chant from 'out, out, out' to 'i hate geckos, i hate geckos, i hate geckos'

"Mummy, Zayn, what's going on?" Chloe was walking down the hallway, holding her little toy unicorn  by one leg and wiping the sleep out of her eyes.

"Gecko" I said breathlessly. 

"Oh" she said understandingly. She understood my fear of geckos, she'd lived with me her whole life after all. She enjoyed giving me mini heart-attacks by finding geckos and playing with them, letting them slither all over her. I shuddered at the memories.

Zayn looked from me to Chloe to me to Chloe.

"Ok, well, ah, who wants breakfast?" Zayn asked, breaking the silence.

"Me!" Chloe yelled happily. "What is it? Coco-Pops?" Zayn laughed.

"Nup, but we got cornflakes. It's a-"

"Standard, not a favourite" they said together before Chloe doubled back into a series of giggled. Zayn just looked at her amazed.

"You really are a devoted little follower aren't you?" Zayn asked, Chloe nodded.

"Normally they freak me out, but you are just too darn cute to be freaky!" he said, pinching her cheeks. She swatted his hands away still laughing.

"So, breakfast is cornflakes?" I asked, laughing along with them even though I had no idea what they were on about.

"Well, if you want, but I have a better idea. Can you guess Chloe?"

"Wake up Harry!" she exclaimed. Zayn laughed.

"Yep, he'll be grumpy but eventually he'll have to get used to it." 

"Harry, Louis?" Zayn whispered after having let himself and us into their apartment. We creeped into their bedroom to find them both shirtless in bed together. 

"Please tell me they're not naked" I whispered urgently to Zayn, glancing at Chloe nervously. He laughed.

"Nah, they aren't, just shirtless, don't sweat" I sighed in relief.

"Oi Zayn, Chlo, Deandra, over here!" I looked up to see Niall and Liam standing over them, looks like we aren't the only ones who were hungry.

"Watch this!" Niall exclaimed, putting a finger over his lips to signal us to be quiet. We did as he asked.

He walked up to Harry and Louis and whispered in Harry's ear, he didn't respond. Zayn was having trouble being quiet, he was too busy trying to stifle laughs. I think Liam had told him what they were planning. Niall gave him a stern look but that only made him laugh more. 

Niall held something up in the air, something pink, was that a...

Zayn lost it, he laughed so hard and so loud that Harry's eyes shot open.

"Wh-wh-what's going o-on" Harry slurred his words, putting a hand over his eyes to stop the brightness.

"Zayn!" Niall complained, shooting him a look.

"All well, I guess you won't be needing this anymore. Thank you" Liam said, taking back the pink hair straightener. Chloe started giggling too when she saw what it was Niall had been holding. Niall grinned.

"Wait, were you, were you going to straighten my hair?" Harry asked sleepily.

"No!" Niall said innocently.

"Yep!" Zayn and Liam exclaimed at the same time. Niall shot them a look.

"What!" Harry flung the sheets of of himself and shot up like a rocket. "What were you trying to do?"

"BooBear, BooBear what's up?" Louis asked sleepily.

"They were going to straighten my hair!" Harry yelled, staring daggers at Niall, Zayn and Liam who by now were all laughing. Louis smiled.

"Good for them, now can we go back to sleep?"

"Nu-uh! Why do you think we were in here in the first place! Definitely not for gay porn!" Zayn said. I covered Chloe's ears, he shot me an apologetic look, clearly he'd forgotten the younger audience.

"Hey! You know we aren't really gay! That's just for the press! I've got a girlfriend and Harry flirts with every second girl he sees!" Louis said unhappily.

"Yes we no, calm down you two, we're only joking around, now, are you going to get up and make breakfast or not Hazza?" 

Harry groaned but got out of bed and started walking towards the kitchen. Louis just put the pillow over his head.

"All well, we got the cook up, that's what matters. Oh, sorry I never said 'ello to you two lovely ladies" Liam apologised.

"That's quite all right" I smiled at him. Surely he couldn't be the mastermind behind these horrendous murders, surely!