Chapter 5

It was quarter past three by the time we got out onto the road. We hadn't spoken to each other much since our little scene back at the inn, and also since he had failed to put on a t-shirt, that was another factor as to why I wasn't exactly keen on talking to him.

            "Brandy? Are you ok? You're being very quiet, and don't get me wrong, I love the sound of you not talking but in light of past events, are you feeling traumatised in any way?"

            "Is this your idea of counselling me?" I said while staring out my window, refusing to give him the satisfaction of looking at his bare chest.

            "I have a licence to kill, not to counsel or to be your comforting blankie, this is as good to therapy as you're going to get."

            "Nice pun there. What about at your big secret base, shouldn't there be counselling for first time assassins?"

            "The men and women who've worked there have killed before." he turned away from me to end the conversation, but me being me wouldn't let him get away that easy.

            "So how many people did you kill before it became legal?" silence, "Where you a serial kill-" he drove the car over a pot-hole situated near the middle if the highway. I jumped in my seat and my head hit the roof while my knees slammed the dashboard.

            "You were saying?"

            "Ass." he breathed deep, annoyed but yet satisfied with himself that he had shut me up. I started looking through his glove-box.

            "What are you doing?"

            "I haven't had breakfast now have I?"

            "Oh shit."

            "Exactly, oh God, what the hell is this?" I asked as I pulled out a pair of red lacy panties.

            "My last blow-job, if you haven't noticed, I am an extremely sexy guy, so I obviously get a lot of women."

            "That's disgusting!" I threw the panties back where I had found them, "You are such a whore!"

            "But a sexy whore." he took one hand of the wheel and flexed his arm, "I know you want a piece of this."

            "Stop the car."

            "What?"

            "Well maybe I do want a piece of you," I said leaning over, trying to show the right amount of cleavage with my V-neck tee, "we are the only ones on the road, we could easily get away with it." I brought my tone down, sounding even more alluring, "It's not very nice to tease." his eyes widened then relaxed back into his easy grin.

            "This looks like a great place to park." he pulled over just near a ghost gum. He was so easy to seduce it was embarrassing, but at least I was getting what I wanted. "Ah shit, I don't have a condom."

            "There are other ways." I got out of the car, "Come on, out you hop."

            "What other ways?" he said while he got out as well. I opened the back door and pulled out the shirt that he had on the day before, "What?"

            "No this seriously does work, put your arms up." he looked a bit apprehensive but he did as I said, making sure that the holes for the arms and head were visible, I put it on for him. "Well I have to say that I am exhausted after that, thanks." he just stood there gawking at me like a fish.

            "You bitch! You played me like a-

            "Horny dumbass?" I added helpfully, "It wasn't exactly that hard to do, and aren't you supposed to be protecting me and not screwing me?"

            "As long as you don't get shot while I'm screwing you." The first rays of sunlight were peeking over the horizon, a mob of kangaroos had wondered over looking for fresh grazing.

            "Better head off." I turned around to go back to my side of the vehicle. It seemed that Daniel had gotten a burst of energy for next thing I knew, his arms were wrapped around my waist. He lifted me up slightly and started tickling my sides. I was squealing and laughing so much that the kangaroos took off in the opposite direction. "D-Daniel! Put m-me down!" I could barely get my words out because of the giggles, and this only made him go into hysterics as well. Somewhere in all the madness he must have slipped on the morning dew. He fell back taking me with him. "Y-you're such a pig."

            "Is that the only insult you can come up with?"

            "Dickhead."

            "You're getting better." we started giggling again, all the while I was still laying on top of him with his arms around my waist. I started to get off him but his grip on me tightened and he pulled me back down to him, "You at least owe me this."

            "I don't owe you anything." I said trying to pry his arms loose, in response he moved his right arm and placed it across my chest, loosely gripping my left shoulder.

            "How many times have I saved your life? Thrice?"

            "Twice actually."

            "I think that's grounds enough for one tender moment." I let out a soft laugh.

            "If you must." for once I felt truly safe with him, I cuddled into his arm and closed my eyes.