Chapter Fifteen

~Chapter Fifteen~

I want to thank all of you guys for supporting this story, by voting and fanning or simply just reading. It really means a lot~ ^^

Enjoy this one!

Love your angel...

*************************

Skylar's POV

Cool steel cut into my flesh. Red tears dripped down to the cold tiled floor.

The pain on my arm was overtaking the one in my heart and I sighed contentedly. I cut a few more times and watch the blood flow.

Drip... drip...

You're being stupid, my wolf growled. Stop it.

I laughed silently.

My wolf growled again. You may kill us.

So what? There's nothing left to lose.

My wolf shook his head. Stop.

It's relieving me from my pain, why should I stop? I asked him back.

It's?, my wolf began.

A knock on my door shook me away from my thoughts.

"Skylar?" Nate's voice filled my ears.

Shit.

Nate can't know that I'm cutting.

Luckily, the smell of lavender and roses blocked out the smell of blood.

"Skylar, look, I'm really sorry for what happened," he said regretfully.

When I did not reply, he continued.

"Skylar, I know you're in there. Please talk to me," he pleaded.

"Why did you avoid me?" I asked finally.

"I wasn't sure if you wanted to talk yet," Nate said uncertainly.

"What makes you think I'm ready to talk now?" I laughed bitterly.

"I?" he started then paused.

"Skylar," Nate asked, sounding suspicious. "Blood? Skylar what are you doing?"

I remained silent.

"I'll count to five, you'd better let me in before I kick this door open," Nate warned.

"Nate?"

"Five..."

"NATE?"

"Four..."

"Seriously?"

"Three..."

"Nate Stevenson, I swear if you?"

"Two..."

"Kick open this door I shall?"

"One,"

The door banged open and Nick's eyes widened.

"Sky," he whispered, shaking his head.

"What can you expect? First Will leaves me, then you. I couldn't take it anymore!" I said wearily.

"I'm sorry, I really am," Nate whispered, his face crestfallen.

"No, I'm sorry," I whispered before falling into darkness. "Bye Nate,"

...

I groaned as my eyes fluttered open. My hands were covered in bandages and they felt like they were on fire.

What happened?

You cut yourself, my wolf said flatly. That's what happened.

Oh. How did I end up on my bed?

Nate, my wolf answered with a slight disgust.

Hey, he's my best friend, I growled.

Well, obviously he cared enough to make our mate leave, my wolf retorted and left.

A sudden knock on the door made me jump.

"Emergency pack meeting in five."

I sighed and jumped out of bed. I changed into a long sleeved shirt and covering the scent with lavender and roses before making my way down.

...

"I have brought some really unpleasant news to share." Alpha Richard spoke gravely. "It seems that the Hunters are doing more unusual activities and the council is convinced that they are up to something.

"However no proof was found until now. Previously several werewolf packs filed reports that some of their members are missing. But now the numbers seem to decrease a lot more.

"In a few hours, the Alpha from Redford and Crescent Moon will be coming along with several of their pack members for a meeting.

"I hope that everyone would show their hospitality and help them if needed.

"Thank you. You are all dismissed,"

All this while, Nate kept shooting worried glances at me.

My heart was beating wildly, like a tiger in a cage, struggling to escape.

Oh god.

The Hunters are back...

*************************

Oh Skylar...