Interview: EdensA

I caught up with user @EdensA and she was kind enough to answer a few of my questions :)

1. Can you describe how you feel when you're having a panic attack or in a situation that's making you anxious?

I start hyperventilating. My heart starts beating too fast and I get shaky. My vision becomes spotted with black or white until it is all I see. I start to sweat and wish to escape. If I start to get like this, I just want to escape.

2. Is there anything that makes you feel better when you feel like you do in Question 1? Like music, or getting out of the situation?

Yes. Laying down helps. Taking deep, slow breaths to calm my heart and myself works for me. A cool rag against my forehead works as well - though not as  much as laying down and taking deep, calming breaths.

3. Do you  think that you get better at coping with situations that make you anxious the more you experience them?

In a way, yes and no. Once  you have an anxiety attack, you can tell in the future if you are about to have one. Sometimes. I'm not sure about other people. For me, this is so. And before the  anxiety attack can take control, you can try to calm it down by doing breathing exercises or just laying down.

But I also find that sometimes, they just hit you. Well, for me it's like this. So, I'll say yes and no.

4. Any advice for people experiencing the same things you've gone through?

If your anxiety attacks are so bad that you faint a lot, then go see a doctor. It could be something else. Actually, just see a doctor regularly just to be safe. It never hurts.

Also, if you are experiencing an attack, don't walk or go out into a heated place. Lay down immediately - and if you can't, sit down or stay in one place, holding onto something to be safe.

Breathe in and breathe out rhythmically, and just slowly listen to yourself breathe. Focus on that and nothing else. Also, closing your eyes will be an extra help as you do this exercise.

This may help.

Also, if you feel like you are about to have an attack and you are driving a moving vehicle, pull to the side right away and park. Screw the people behind you who honk, because if you continue to drive, you may get into an accident.

      Thank you so much to @EdensA for her time! It's awesome that she could share this so publicly, so go check out her page and show her some love :) Hope these answers gave you a bit of an insight into what it's like through another person's eyes! If you have a question you'd like me to ask next time I do an interview, just leave it down in the comments or message me privately.

-littlebig