17 || I Would

Niall's POV

I can't count how many glasses Evie has consumed. From pinot noir, merlot, chardonnay to other heavy liquor like tequila, vodka, and many others I can't even remember anymore. She only kept asking for shots, but goodness gracious, she's had tons.

I've never really met anyone as odd as her. There was something about her that I couldn't pinpoint. She kept telling me about this guy Harry, who wasn't real, and her actual boyfriend named Zayn, who did exist. I didn't really understand half of what she was saying, but I was trying to figure it out.

To be honest, I don't even know why I was talking to this girl I barely knew. But she looked like some girl on a mission and I really couldn't say no.

"So basically, I can't tell anyone 'cause they will think I'm out of it," she slurred. "But I think I can tell you, because you're nice."

"Yeah, don't worry," I nodded. "I'm listening. How long has this been going on?"

"Like a couple of weeks?" she brought her twentieth glass or god-knows-what to her mouth. "I've been going nuts that long."

"And are they consistent? The dreams? I mean like continuous events," I asked. I was no psychiatrist, but I wanted to get deep into this. I haven't talked to anyone with this kind of problem yet, and it intrigued me.

"Yessss," she nodded her head like about ten times. "We were in Paris today. He took me up to the Eifel Tower and told me he loved me. He loooovessss me, Niall."

"Do you love him back?" I raised an eyebrow.

Her face turned red, even redder than usual considering the amount of alcohol in her body. "Mhmm. But I didn't get to tell him. Because I woke up. I wish I could just sleep forever."

"Evie, have you ever... you know...um..." I tried my best to not sound rude. "Tried talking to a professional about this? Like a doctor? I don't mean to imply that..."

"That I'm insane," she finished for me. "It's okay. I think I'm going mental. This isn't normal. And no I haven't, but I will. Or not. Maybe yes. I don't know. Oh hey, these tables look really classy." She started feeling the edges of the table with her thumbs. Talk about wasted.

"Why are you telling me all of this?" I questioned. "Isn't this supposed to be something you tell someone you've known for a long time? I know you're drunk and all but still."

She laughed and nearly spilled her drink all over the table. "I'm not drunk."

Of course she was drunk. She could barely form straight sentences anymore and she was redder than a tomato.

"You are, Evie," I politely smiled. "And I think you need to lessen the drinks."

"No," she frowned, holding on to her glass like as if her life depended on it. "I'm not even done talking yet."

"Okay. Go on," I sighed.

"Anyway where was I?" she placed her finger on her bottom lip, thinking thoroughly. "Oh.. and another thing..."

"Yes?"

"You're in it too," she giggled loudly. "You're in my dream."

"Wait, what?" my lips parted in surprise.

"You were friends with me and Harry," she wiped the smear of liquor on her cheek.

"I was in your dream too?" I gawked at her. Maybe I should just convince myself that it was just the alcohol talking. After all, we had just met and she was already telling me that I was in her dreams? One word - delusional.