It was all the donuts fault

I spend the day witth Ingrid, shopping for the basic stuff like toothpaste, shampoo, and new clothes. Ingrid gives me advice on what makeup to buy, since all of it was in my lost luggage. And we end up having a really fun time. By the time we end up at her house, it's already sunset.

"I should call Joey now," I say, taking my phone out. I dial Joey's number and tell him to pick me up now.

Within a few minutes, Joey's at the door.

"It was really fun spending the say with you, Ingrid," I smile.

"You too. We have to do this again some day!"

"Of course," I start to pick up my target bags. "Bye!" I hug her goodbye.

I open the door and standing there is Joey. He never seems to stop taking my breathe away. I swallow, and nervously smile.

"Hey," he says, offering to carry some of my bags.

"Bye, Aria," I hear Ingrid say as me and Joey walk down the hall.

We walk in comfortable silence to Satsuki. Joey quickly drives us back into his apartment, chatting about the guy who ate the other guy's face.

By the time I set foot into Joey's apartment, it's already nighttime. I feel really hungry.

"Hey, I'm gunna go get some donuts, you want some?"I say, picking up my small bag with all $200 I had brought with me from New York.

"Glazed one, please?"

"Sure, I'll be back soon," I say, heading out the door.

"Be careful," I just catch hearing that, right before I close the door.

I make it out onto the street, breathing in fresh air. It was immensely dark, a street light every few blocks. I hated the dark, and I was really afraid of it. I pop in some earphones and listen to music, calming myself down. I let the voice of Joey and Meghan soothe me as they sing "Run Away" from their hunger games EP.

I finally make it to a big street, filled with cars and lights. I locate the donut shop and enter it, hearing the little jingle at the top of the door.

I order my donuts, being the only person in the little shop. I also order a hot chocolate, which feels so good in this cold weather. I take a seat in one of the tables and plug in my earphones. I check into YouTube and see Joey's new vlog today in my subscriptions. The vlog where he dropped his camera. I instantly click on it.

He starts off the vlog in his room and wanders outside, and then showing me. I see myself. In Joey's vlog. It's an amazing feeling. A bunch of clattering noises and an "Oh shit!" and then the camera is in my hands. The vlog cuts off to Echo Base, where Joey, has finished playing minecraft. He talks about how he was playing it for lukesarcade. Then he shows me sleeping on Luke's couch next to Ingrid. It's weird to see myself sleeping. I thought I'd sleep really weird, but no. I actually look quiet and peaceful. He then gets up and wanders into Luke's room, talking about who I was and why I was asleep in Luke's garage. It's nice how he knew every detail that I told him about. Then he ends the vlog.

Wow. I felt my skin tingling and I let out a smile. I'd better start walking back to Joey's before I embarrass myself.

I push the door open and feel the icy wind bite. I shiver violently, realizing i have no jacket. I should get back home quick, before I catch a cold.

I find my hand flying up to my locket. I rub it, and it comforts me. I close my eyes momentarily, and seeing a flash of my mom. I have been seeing my mom a lot. In my dreams, in my thoughts, she was always there, even though it's already been a year since she passed.

I relive the moment when she hit me, punched me, leaving bruises all over my body. It was horrible. I felt a few tears roll down my cheeks. I left them there. It wasn't like anyone was going to see them.

I took a turn into an alley, I really wanted to get home quick. I don't want to be alone.

Almost there...just one more block...

I hear a noise. I freeze. It was the sound of something bumping into metal. Probably a dumpster. But what made that noise?

I slowly started walking, and held onto my locket tight, suddenly terrified. Was someone following me?

I jumped when I heard movement behind me. I spun around and saw nothing. Just a dumpster.

I almost screamed when I heard "The Arena" by The Tributes play out of nowhere. Then I remembered it was my phone. I fumbled around in my pocket for it. It was Joey. I pressed the "answer" button.

But I didn't get the chance to put the phone up to my ear.