Finishing Crazy (17)

Dedicated to Vodka-Toast for helping me out and giving me feedback on my story♥

First, second and third period pass by with no sign of Bryan in any of my classes. I’m disappointed, to say the least. Of course, I should have expected it. He’s taking way more AP classes than I am.

When the bell that signals the start of lunch rings, I almost run out the door in an attempt to find Bryan quickly. I miss him already.

“Bryan!” I called upon seeing the blonde figure walking up ahead of me. Even with his back turned, I know exactly who it is. His face lights up when he sees me.

“Hey, you.” Bryan says as he throws his arm around me.

“Not so tight! It’s only been six hours since I last saw you!” I tell him, feeling slightly choked in his embrace.

“It was a long six hours… and you aren’t in any of my classes.” He adds with a frown.

“I know. But we still have three more to go. Let me see your schedule.”

Bryan hands me his schedule and I look it over, shaking my head at the number of AP classes he’s taking. I note that all of his classes are different than mine. That is, until sixth period: we have AP French together.

“Anything?” Bryan prods me hopefully.

“Just sixth.” I tell him, and he frowns.

“Bryan, don’t expect so much.” I say. “We’re in a school with 800 other kids in our graduating class, so we’re bound to have most of our classes with other people.”

“I know.” Bryan concedes. “But I still hoped.”

I take his hand in mine and look up at him.

“Where are we going to sit?” I ask.

“Is Mariah back yet?” He inquires, referring to one of my close friends who spent the entire summer camping in Canada. Her mother said that a real nature experience is without any kind of technology, so she had to cut contact with me for a while.

“No, she’s coming back next week… I think.” I say, not having much confidence in my answer. I’m awful with dates, and Mariah hasn’t been able to call me to remind me.

“Well, in that case we’ll just have to go sit with my friends.” He says mischievously.

Great, I think. Just what I need.

Bryan’s friends are crazy and I’m not sure if I want to sit by them. Plus, no one at school even knows about us yet and I’m not sure if I’m eager for them to find out. Who knows how they’ll react?

We sit down at a table with all of his guy friends. I note that there’s only one girl at the table- she has blonde hair and green eyes, just like Bryan.

Brooke.

“What are you doing here?” Bryan accuses at the same time that I smile and wave to her. I love her, and I’m glad she’s sitting with his friends. I’ll need a little sanity.

Brooke smirks at Bryan. “What’s your problem?” She asks.

“You.” He responds quickly.

Brooke walks over to Bryan and whispers something in his ear. Something that I don’t think Bryan appreciates me hearing.

“I shouldn’t be your problem, because Kyra and I are friends. And since you like Kyra, you should be nice to me. I don’t think she’d appreciate your rudeness.”

I laugh at her and she sends a wink in my direction before sitting back down at the table and patting the empty seat next to her. There’s not enough room by her for Bryan and I, but I really want to sit by her, so I shoot Bryan an apologetic glance and go join her without him.

“So why in the world do you want to sit with Bryan’s friends?” I ask her, sliding into the silver metallic bench beside her.

“I could ask you the same thing.” She says.

“Touché.”

My gaze turns to Bryan and I see him looking back at me. I smile, then turn back to Brooke. She’s looking at me thoughtfully.

“You two have been spending an awful lot of time together.” She says, smiling and wiggling her eyebrows.

“Training.” I supply, hoping this will ward off the questions I can see emerging from the tip of her tounge.

“And kissing?”

It’s a question. Like she doesn’t know what’s going on.

Like she doesn’t know we like each other.

“What makes you think that?” I ask her, not wanting to say anything I might regret.

“Well, he likes you.” She tells me, as if the reason she thinks we’ve been kissing is completely obvious to me.

“Oh.” Is all I say.

.   .   .   .   .

By the time sixth period rolls around, I’m exhausted, and there’s a dull ache in my side that won’t go away. I walk through the halls and go to my locker, quickly entering my combination and then opening the door to get my French book. Before I can though, someone else reaches in and takes it out for me.

“I can get that for you.” The voice from behind me says.

I’m about to be irritated with whoever it is until I spin around and see Bryan standing there, holding my AP French book in his right hand. My expression immediately softens.

“It’s you.” I say simply.

“What’s me?” Bryan muses.

I ignore his question, since I my brain is fried and I can’t come up with a response.

“What do you have this hour?” I ask him.

“Same as you. Remember?” He holds up the two books in his hand, and then shifts them so that he’s holding them both with one arm. With his free arm, he motions for me to hold his hand. I take it hesitantly, unsure of what our relationship is supposed to be like at school.

“It’s just a hand, Kyra.” He tells me. “You’ve held it before.”

We walk together all the way across campus, to the portables where AP French is, my side still aching.

When we arrive, I sit in an empty desk in the back of the room and crash. I’m so tired, I almost fall asleep sitting there, even though the wood smells like drugs and is hard as a rock. The only reason my eyelids stop their drooping is because I hear and feel a loud rapping noise on my table.

“Wake up!” Someone says.

It’s probably the teacher, I think to myself, inwardly sighing. The bell hasn’t even rung yet, she can’t possibly be making me get up.

Thinking better than to show attitude, though, I sit up.

I take one look at the girl in front of me, her long blonde hair cascading around her shoulders. She’s wearing a black pencil skirt and ruffled, light blue shirt, making her look so much more professional than I know she really is. The girl in front of me looks nothing like the carefree girl I usually know. She looks so… teacher-like.

“Hello, Kyra! Surprised to see me?” She asks in her usual bright tones, making the teacher appearance vanish almost instantly.

I smile, suddenly feeling wide awake. I look up at my new AP French teacher and greet her happily.

“Hey, Melanie.”

...........

I can't believe it's already chapter 17! This is going by so fast.

Sorry for the short chapter, I just felt like that was a good place to cut it off. The next chapter is longer, though.:) I already finished it, it just needs some more editing. As always, comments, votes and fanning is appriciated<3 Thank you lovlies!:)

Stay beautiful,

Rachelle