The Invisible Me <Chapter 4>

It has been weeks since my last encounter with Rhys in the cleaner's room where he officially asked me to be his girlfriend. Since then, I have been avoiding him at all cost even to the extent of taking longer routes to go for lessons. The reason? Well, ever since we were (luckily) interrupted by the cleaner herself who threaten to knock down the door of the cleaner's room if we doesn't open up and get out, Rhys has been trying to get me alone and get an answer out of me.

It feels so unreal that a popular and good-looking like him is interested in me. Could he be my happily ever after? No, Genelle! Get yourself together! There is no such thing as happily ever after ending anymore! With that in mind, I am even more determined to stay away from him, in the hope that I will not get hurt.

________________________________

"Hey, Loser! Stay away from him. Who do you think you are, huh? I don't care what kind of spell you've cast to get him smitten with you. But bear in mind, he is mine to begin with. Stay away!" Felicia snarled. Wow. Talk about if looks could kill. And, spell? Who does she thinks I am? A witch? Huh! If I were a witch, she will be the first whom I will try out my magic on.

It was Friday and I was in the toilet doing my business and surprise surprise, when I was about to step out of the toilet, Felicia and her friends have decided to grace me with their presence.

"I say do you hear me?" Felicia's sharp tone broke my thoughts.

"Ya, sure." I shrugged. "But, you would have to keep him in a leash then." I walked out of the toilet confidently, leaving them utterly speechless. Oh, the high school drama!

I was smiling and thinking that I have done a great job when suddenly I bumped into someone - again! Luckily, the person caught me before I hit the ground. Unluckily, when I looked up to thank the person, it was Rhys looking at me with concern lace across his face. Talk about coincidence.

"Erm.. Thanks. I got to go..for...lesson. See you around. I let out a nervous laugh before picking up my pace to get away as far from him as possible.

"Hey! Wait up! Are you okay? I saw Felicia and her friends went into the toilet which you have just came out from. Did she say anything to you?"

"Nope, everything is fine." I turned around to reply him before turning back to continue my way to the next lesson.

Unfortunately, before I can take any more steps, I felt his hand on my wrist, forcing me to stop and turn around to face him.

"Wait, we need to talk."

"Rhys, I really got to go for the lesson. the bell is going to ring at any moment. I don't want to be late." I gave him a pleading look, hoping that he somewhat could let me go.

Two seconds later, the bell decided to ring.

"Opps. Guess someone is already late. How about you just come along with me and let's skip the lesson together?" He smile cheekily at me.

Damn!

"Look, I really need to go for the lesson. It's an important chapter for the upcoming test." The excuse I am desperately trying to come up with sounded faint. Gosh! *mentally face-palm" Now I sound like a total nerd!

"Look! I've been trying to get you alone to talk. But, you have been trying to avoid me. All I am asking for is for you to skip one lesson to hear me out, could you please just spare me some time?" He let out in a serious tone. "I swear, Genelle. If you aren't coming along with me right now. I'm going to carry you over my shoulder. I don't care if the whole school see it."

Woah! Someone is really pms-ing. His mood has changed from being playful to a serious one within the spilt of second. Letting out a huge sigh, I let him pull me along to wherever he wants to have "the talk" he so desperately wants.

"Okay, shoot. What's the important thing that you so badly want to tell me about?" I cross my arms across my chest and look at him expectedly, waiting for his explanation. I really hope no one is looking out of the classroom windows or else they will see Rhys and I.

Currently, we are at the side of the field. "Okay, first thing first, I'm really sorry for dragging you out like that. But, I really want to talk to you." He scratch the back of his head while giving me an apologetic look.

Seeing that I do not have any intention to reply. He continue, "I...really really like you andhopethatyoucangiveusatry. IhavefallenforyouthemomentIseeyou. IpromisethatIwilltreatyouright" He let out a huge gasp of air which he has been holding on.

The moment he finish, I look up at him so fast that I nearly sprain my neck. What did he just say? He likes me...? I gave him a confuse look, trying to figure out if I have just hear him right.

"You what?" I asked in disbelief. "I think I didn't..." Before I could finish what I want to say, he pull me towards him with his lips crashing down on mine.