Chapter Six

This chapter is dedicated to Ashful as she is one of the best Historical Fiction writer's i have ever come across right here on Wattpad. I do hope she carries on and i am enthralled by each one of her books. So give her books a look, i can promise you'll love them, if you haven't already read them! She is my inspiration. :) 

Edited By  XxJemanixX

Chapter Six 

They were gradually losing hope as they swept from town to town; well Emma swept from town to town with guards accompanying her, ensuring she returned with all her limbs and belongings intact. She saw no familiar surroundings or anything in the least that hinted at one of the forgotten memories that stubbornly would rather remain forgotten. Her frustration was starting to get the better of her and the guards that constantly accompanied her everywhere took the brunt of her volatile manner.  

It seemed every time she was about to invite John on one of her many escapades he had an excuse before the invitation even left her pretty little mouth. His excuses were beginning to make Emma suspicious of his intent.  

Emma woke up in the morning feeling refreshed and invigorated. What pray made her feel so light and mayhap even happy? Oh, it was simply the fact that she had two more villages to scour before she was effectively homeless and in so many words an orphan. Although, she refused at admit it, her sudden spark of joy came from the thought of living with John a little while longer. Of course, it was just the lavish surroundings and hordes of fancy new dresses that made her joyful at her prolonged stay. Of course it wasn’t because John himself made Emma joyful with his very presence! This did not take away from the black cloud of uncertainty that sat in the back of her mind waiting to drag her into its deep hopeless depths.  

Putting on a pastel green day dress to match with her light happy eyes Emma admired the hair do her maid had concocted. She had pinned up her hair leaving the few long strands to brush against her nape and neck. Her eyes sparkled and for one second Emma entertained the thought that she was in fact beautiful.  

Leaving her room with a little skip she composed herself to appear like a lady and walked on with poise and her head held high haughtily to John’s study. Of course the act was short lived as she burst into giggles at how silly she most probably looked, the mirror in the hallway proved so setting her off into a fit of uncontrollable laughter. 

She did not notice that John currently stood a few steps away staring at her admiringly and with an emotion in his eyes, that had Emma looked she would not have been able to decipher.  

He cleared his throat and Emma whipped round to stare at him open mouthed and wide eyed. 

“I must confess, you are the first woman I have come across that finds her own reflection funny so much so she reverts to hysterics over it?” 

He frowned and Emma immediately thought how adorable he looked frowning as he did. Perish the thought! He was not adorable! No, he was a scoundrel!  

“I was not laughing at my reflection, if you must know.” 

Emma all, but growled at him and straight after felt like she was being unreasonable it was not his fault she was having improper thoughts! Oh posh! It was most definitely this scoundrel’s fault. He was a witch! She was sure of it. 

“Alright, do not elaborate if that is what suits you best.” He grumbled. Emma just smiled sweetly and proceeded to ask him what he was doing watching her in the hallway.   

“That my sweet Emma would be because I would like to accompany you in to the village today.” 

Emma could not help, but smile broadly at him. She was undeniably thrilled that he was coming with her on one of her endeavours to find her long lost family. She even almost missed the fact that he had called her ‘sweet Emma’; almost.